Stop install

Hi
I want to know how to prohibit the installing of BrowserPlus.
How do I stop my users installing it? I don't want it, and the things my users could do, on my machines.
Do I just block the BrowserPlus download site? Rather disappointed it appears to be going against the limitations of a limited user.
Thanks for your help
Peter

by
  • A
  • May 31, 2010
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (A @ May 31 2010, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi
    I want to know how to prohibit the installing of BrowserPlus.
    How do I stop my users installing it? I don't want it, and the things my users could do, on my machines.
    Do I just block the BrowserPlus download site? Rather disappointed it appears to be going against the limitations of a limited user.
    Thanks for your help
    Peter

Hi A,

Certainly you could block http traffic to and from browserplus.yahoo.com. If browserplus cannot connect to that site it will stop working.

I do wonder, however, what you mean by "appears to be going against the limitations of a limited user." BrowserPlus never requires administrative privileges to run and respects operating system limitations of standard user accounts. So I don't really know what you're referring to. Also, all the code is open source, so you're free to verify this.

If you have a concrete problem, we'd be interested in hearing it and addressing it somehow. Otherwise, good luck to you!

very best,
    lloyd
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions