Sites validating against hash and query params?

It looks like if the query or hash of a page changes, BrowserPlus thinks it's a new site, and asks for re-validation.

Is that intentional?

6 Replies
  • QUOTE (alexandermaccaw @ Jun 9 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    It looks like if the query or hash of a page changes, BrowserPlus thinks it's a new site, and asks for re-validation.

Is that intentional?

Hrm, that should not be the case. the prompting should depend only on the url of the page. You could have a look in the permissions pane of your browserplus control panel to try to figure out what kind of url is getting added when you click "remember my decision" on the permission prompt.

does this make sense?

lloyd
  • Yes, it's the full url, including the hash.

QUOTE (Lloyd Hilaiel @ Jun 9 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hrm, that should not be the case. the prompting should depend only on the url of the page. You could have a look in the permissions pane of your browserplus control panel to try to figure out what kind of url is getting added when you click "remember my decision" on the permission prompt.

does this make sense?

lloyd
  • QUOTE (alexandermaccaw @ Jun 9 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes, it's the full url, including the hash.

Alex,

can you post either a screenshot of the url or paste in the general form of the url? I'll try to reproduce locally, and if I can do that we can get a fix in our drop around the end of the month.

best,
    lloyd
  • QUOTE (Lloyd Hilaiel @ Jun 10 2009, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Alex,

can you post either a screenshot of the url or paste in the general form of the url? I'll try to reproduce locally, and if I can do that we can get a fix in our drop around the end of the month.

best,
    lloyd

oh, idea. is it a file:// url perchance?

lloyd
  • Yes, does it not happen on remote urls?

QUOTE (Lloyd Hilaiel @ Jun 10 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    oh, idea. is it a file:// url perchance?

lloyd
  • QUOTE (alexandermaccaw @ Jun 10 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes, does it not happen on remote urls?

aha. yeah. it sounds like you've uncovered a deficiency in our parsing of local urls. For HTTP urls permission is granted on a per domain basis. For file:// URLs, permission is granted using the full path (and unexpectedly, any get data as well).

a simple work around would be to set up a local server, in the meantime perhaps we can strip get data from file urls so that this doesn't happen.

best,
    lloyd
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions