IE 8

How long before you have support for IE 8? when I go to my site with IE8 instead of the usual popup asking if I want to install BrowserPlus I get an error:

"Call to BrowserPlus.init failed: bp.notInstalled"

by
4 Replies
  • QUOTE (tim_hoehn @ Jul 9 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    How long before you have support for IE 8? when I go to my site with IE8 instead of the usual popup asking if I want to install BrowserPlus I get an error:

"Call to BrowserPlus.init failed: bp.notInstalled"

Hi Tim,

We have a ton of IE8 fixes coming out next week. That said, 2.3.1 which is in production right now has beta support for IE8.

So let's figure this out:
    1. Did you install BrowserPlus after installing IE8?
    2. If you go to "Manage Add-Ons" under tools in IE8, do you see "CBPCtl Object from Yahoo! Inc?
    3. What version of BrowserPlus do you have installed? should be able to see this in start->Programs->Yahoo! BrowserPlus->Configure BrowserPlus

curious to hear more,
    lloyd
  • Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions:

1. Yes,. This is a brand new machine and came with IE8.
    2. Yes.
    3. 2.3.1.0

Thanks,
    Tim

QUOTE (Lloyd Hilaiel @ Jul 9 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Tim,

We have a ton of IE8 fixes coming out next week. That said, 2.3.1 which is in production right now has beta support for IE8.

So let's figure this out:
    1. Did you install BrowserPlus after installing IE8?
    2. If you go to "Manage Add-Ons" under tools in IE8, do you see "CBPCtl Object from Yahoo! Inc?
    3. What version of BrowserPlus do you have installed? should be able to see this in start->Programs->Yahoo! BrowserPlus->Configure BrowserPlus

curious to hear more,
    lloyd
  • QUOTE (tim_hoehn @ Jul 10 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions:

1. Yes,. This is a brand new machine and came with IE8.
    2. Yes.
    3. 2.3.1.0

Thanks,
    Tim

Thanks for the additional info.

curious. os version? are you perchance on a 64 bit machine? like, say, vista 64 bit?

best,
    lloyd
  • QUOTE (Lloyd Hilaiel @ Jul 10 2009, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks for the additional info.

curious. os version? are you perchance on a 64 bit machine? like, say, vista 64 bit?

best,
    lloyd

its a 32 bit machine.

Now I have a different problem. When I try to use the zipper/uploader sample code from your web site (http://browserplus.yahoo.com/developer/web/code/zipper/) I can select a file or folder, it tells me the original size, but then it tells me the zipped size is 0B - a savings of 100%.
    I re-installed BrowserPlus and tested with files in different folders thinking it was a permissions issue but no luck. This worked on my old XP machine.
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions