Errors thrown by Slice/Upload

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a resumable upload page for my app using BrowserPlus, but I'm running into some issues when dealing with large (>500MB) files.

I have written a Scala backend for the Robusto resumable upload demo, and just removed the hard-coded file size limit and changed the url.

What seems to happen, is that after a variable number of chunks have been uploaded, the call to Upload will return one of the following errors:

invalidParameter, invalid file URI
This one is recoverable - if I retry, it normally works for a few more chunks and then fails again. If I keep retrying, I can get a good way through the file before the second error appears.

invalidParameter, some number of files must be specified
This one is fatal - I have to reload the page, and thus go back to the first chunk.

The third one I'm having difficulty reproducing right now, but it's something like 'Allocated Resources Exceeded', .i.e. it's running out of memory or file handles or something.

I tried changing it to use FileTransfer instead of Upload as I read that Upload is being deprecated, but it made no difference. I suspect the problem is in FileAccess.slice, as the first two errors seem to indicate that Upload is not getting valid file handles. In each case, the error is thrown by Upload, but it happens before the http post is ever made, so it's not an issue with the backend.

Has anyone ever tried this or seen these errors? I find it hard to believe that BP wouldn't support large files, because that's the whole point of having slice/upload functionality. It must be something I'm doing wrong, right?

Anyway, thanks for any help,

Matt

by
4 Replies
  • Hi Matt,

Sorry for the delay. We'll take a look at the FileAccess service and see what we can find and try to add some test cases to catch this for the next version.

--Steve
  • QUOTE (steven_spencer @ Sep 8 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Matt,

Sorry for the delay. We'll take a look at the FileAccess service and see what we can find and try to add some test cases to catch this for the next version.

--Steve

Hi Steve,

That's great - thanks for looking at this.

Regards,

Matt
  • Neil, our intern, jumped on creating a test case for FileAccess.slice() this morning. Tomorrow is his last day before heading back to school, but hopefully he can recreate it and we can get a fix out soon.

Steve
  • QUOTE (steven_spencer @ Sep 9 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Neil, our intern, jumped on creating a test case for FileAccess.slice() this morning. Tomorrow is his last day before heading back to school, but hopefully he can recreate it and we can get a fix out soon.

Steve

Good stuff - thanks again.
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions