Error using ServiceInstaller

I'm getting this error:

../bin/ServiceInstaller -n -v .
2009-04-28 21:44:17Z [0xa003a720] ERROR - static PermissionsManager* PermissionsManager::get(): Throwing a N2bp5error14FatalExceptionE: couldn't read config file at: /Users/Alex/Library/Application Support/Yahoo!/BrowserPlus/2.1.14/BrowserPlus.config
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'bp::error::FatalException'
what(): couldn't read config file at: /Users/Alex/Library/Application Support/Yahoo!/BrowserPlus/2.1.14/BrowserPlus.config
Abort trap

All worked fine until I upgrade the BrowserPlus version. Perhaps I need a new SDK version, but I haven't seen it on the site.

I've tried reinstalling BrowserPlus to no avail.

4 Replies
  • I'm not really familiar with the serviceinstaller, but I'm betting you need an sdk which matches your installed version of BrowserPlus. The 2.2.0 sdks are available at http://browserplus.yahoo.com/developer/service/sdk/. First course of action would be to upgrade your sdk and see if the problem persists.

-- gordon
  • Ah, I understand what's happening - you're giving people different SDKs depending on which version they've got installed.

Personally I just give them the latest SDK after prompting them to update.

QUOTE (Gordon @ Apr 28 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm not really familiar with the serviceinstaller, but I'm betting you need an sdk which matches your installed version of BrowserPlus. The 2.2.0 sdks are available at http://browserplus.yahoo.com/developer/service/sdk/. First course of action would be to upgrade your sdk and see if the problem persists.

-- gordon
  • QUOTE (alexandermaccaw @ Apr 28 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ah, I understand what's happening - you're giving people different SDKs depending on which version they've got installed.

Personally I just give them the latest SDK after prompting them to update.

Hey Alexander,

No, we're not giving out different SDKs. before 2.2.0 the SDK required a corresponding platform to be installed. This is fixed in 2.2.0, and even if you update later the SDK is 100% standalone.

A little more info, we always push SDKs and platforms in lock step. So with every new release we announce, a new sdk is available from that location gordon dropped.

One thing we need to do better is structure that SDK page so you have A changelog and links...

hope this clears things up,
    lloyd
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions