Browserplus install for all users

Hi,

We are trialling Zimbra Collaboration Suite which uses BrowserPlus to provide popup notifications of new messages or upcoming events.
For this purpose it works fine however we have a domain with about 100 users; most PC's have a different user on them each day.
From what I can see so far BrowserPlus must be installed under each user account, and configured to allow services and sites for each user as well.
Most of our PC's are getting a couple of different people logging on each day, none of whom have administrator access to install software. I also don't want users to have to allow BrowserPlus for the Zimbra server on each different machine they log into, ideally the admin would set this once and the users would get the same settings.

Is it possible to install BrowserPlus once as an administrator, set appropriate permissions for sites/services etc, and then have the software and configuration settings available for all users, without user intervention?

Thanks

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (ccb85 @ Sep 2 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

We are trialling Zimbra Collaboration Suite which uses BrowserPlus to provide popup notifications of new messages or upcoming events.
    For this purpose it works fine however we have a domain with about 100 users; most PC's have a different user on them each day.
    From what I can see so far BrowserPlus must be installed under each user account, and configured to allow services and sites for each user as well.
    Most of our PC's are getting a couple of different people logging on each day, none of whom have administrator access to install software. I also don't want users to have to allow BrowserPlus for the Zimbra server on each different machine they log into, ideally the admin would set this once and the users would get the same settings.

Is it possible to install BrowserPlus once as an administrator, set appropriate permissions for sites/services etc, and then have the software and configuration settings available for all users, without user intervention?

Thanks

BrowserPlus is user scoped, so users shouldn't have to have admin privileges for installation. Unfortunately, there's nothing to help with bulk installations.

Steve
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Support & General Questions