need to have just one click to read an article

When I mouse over a headline and get the reader pane, which I like, and then want to read further I have to click sometimes three times to get to the full article! Why can't I get there in the first click which would indicate that I want more. My first click takes me to a window that is a repeat of the reader pane, the TOPIX page, then it takes me to an abreviated page somewhere else which I have to click the url of the articles main page. That is three times!!!! to read the article and then three times to get back to my home page. Makes it very frustrating to read the news from my home page.

by
1 Reply
  • Thank you for the suggestion. This forum is dedicated to the Yahoo! Developer Network, or specifically developer products at Yahoo!. I'm guessing that you are referring to the new homepage format in your posts. What you should do is contact the front page team as they control the content of that page and will be able to address your concerns. The link to our contact & help sections is within this post: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1716

- Jon
  • Amen to the need to cut out the extra clicks to read an article. I am actually considering trying another browser home page if this isn't corrected. Are you listening, Yahoo? Why else would a user click on a headline if he or she did not want to read the article immediately? It is also mildly annoying to have an extra click in the process of trying to read my e-mail.

Recent Posts

in Suggestions for YDN