YahooWeather problems with some locations

Hello people,
last week I created one YahooWeather component (JSF component) and everything was fine. But suddenly, on last Thursday, it stopped displaying forecast for some locations in Montenegro. Firstly I thought that problem is somewhere in my component, but it shows forecast for other locations. My website shows data for four countries (Russia, Ukraine, Czech and Montenegro) and only one (Montenegro) makes problem.
After that I checked all those problematic locations direct at http://weather.yahoo.com/ and I found that they didn't work also. At the same time I checked some locations from Serbia (like Belgrade) and they had the same problem. But just one week ago all those locations worked very well.

I don't know is there anyone who can check YahooWeather service and help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Aleksandar.

by
4 Replies
  • It's a bug, but we're working hard to fix it. Should be next week. Sorry for the frustration.

Cheers!
    Robyn Tippins
    @duzins on Twitter
    Community Manager, YDN

***Follow YDN on Twitter and Facebook***
  • Robyn, thank you very much for this answer. I am waiting for new version of YW service.

Regards,
    Aleksandar.
  • Aleksandar,

Should be fixed now, let me know if you see the problem again.

Cheers!
    Robyn Tippins
    @duzins on Twitter
    Community Manager, YDN

***Follow YDN on Twitter and Facebook***
  • Yes, it seams that everything works now. Thank you very much.

I have one more request for you. Is it possible to change name of one location? I found that YahooWeather Service returns old town name for location with WOEID = 536010. It is a capital town for Montenegro and its name is Podgorica. But YahooWeather returns Titograd which was actual 10 years ago. WhereOnEarth Service returns good data (http://where.yahooapis.com/v1/places.q('podgorica')), but for some reason Weather returns old one. Can you check this and try to find some solution?

Thank you for support,
    Aleksandar.

Recent Posts

in Suggestions for YDN