Yahoo homepage

I'll give it a week - if I don't see a link to return to my OLD YAHOO HOMEPAGE, I'm going to google

17 Replies
  • If you look at the footer of the new homepage there is an option to "Return to Classic Yahoo.com". That has been available since the launch.

- Jon
  • QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Nov 3 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If you look at the footer of the new homepage there is an option to "Return to Classic Yahoo.com". That has been available since the launch.

- Jon

There is not a link there anymore. Every since a certain date the "old" classic yahoo has been removed. Sadly, I don't think it is coming back. I also agree with most of you that the newer version stinks and needs to stop being changed! &l
  • QUOTE (Lil Momma @ Nov 19 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    There is not a link there anymore. Every since a certain date the "old" classic yahoo has been removed. Sadly, I don't think it is coming back. I also agree with most of you that the newer version stinks and needs to stop being changed! &l
  • What in the world have you done to the homepage....poor planning....not user-friendly. Too many pop-ups. Moving the cursor over links...pops ups stuff I don't want to see. I'm ready to go to Google and give up my yahoo account!
  • QUOTE (charmaine.comstock @ Oct 9 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'll give it a week - if I don't see a link to return to my OLD YAHOO HOMEPAGE, I'm going to google

I feel the same way.. grrrrrrrr
  • I just want to know how to close my spare yahoo account as i have 2 wich i don't need
  • Happy day Sir ! It is easy. Please email to yahoo help or go Yahoo help . Thanks. Yours Deep
  • :a [font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][size="5"][/size][color="#000000"][/color]
    QUOTE (Deepnarayan @ Oct 25 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Happy day Sir ! It is easy. Please email to yahoo help or go Yahoo help . Thanks. Yours Deep
    If Yahoo doesn't stop changing my chosen home page to its damned new one I will change providers .. [b][/b]
  • QUOTE (kat N @ Oct 25 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    :aI do not like changes either-tnalmiks
  • QUOTE (Michael J.S @ Oct 28 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I do not like changes either-tnalmiks

I hate the new page also. Stop changing all the time. I don't have time to relearn all the new unwanted stuff. KISS
  • Close my account
  • These forums are dedicated to helping developers using Yahoo! products. If you have an account or homepage concern please see the help links located in this post: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1716

- Jon
  • I do not like the new yahoo home page.

I spend too much time looking for what I want (even with my custom options) and WAY TOO MUCH TIME CLICKING OFF THE ADVERTISEMENTS THAT TAKE OVER THE PAGE EVERY TIME YOU MOVE YOUR MOUSE. Not to mention the fact it would be nice if you at least put the X in the same place so I don't have to hunt all over the commercial looking for it. You've turned your home page into a giant spam.

What a commercial. Fix it or I'm moving to google. I don't want a home page that is just a giant commercial with a bunch of stuff I don't want.

Darla M
  • Why did Yahoo change the home Page? I hate the new one.
    • K
    • Nov 13, 2009
    Remove the m from in front of the www.yahoo.com home address. I would go back to Yahoo as my home page if the m is removed.

Truly the only reason I stayed with the Classic Yahoo was to avoid the annoying m in the Yahoo home page address. Now that Yahoo home page forces to m.www.yahoo.com my home page is somewhere else and I will not return to use Yahoo as my home page until the m is removed. However by then perhaps I will grow to love my new home page so much I may never return to use Yahoo as my home page.
  • K, I'm not sure I see what the issue is. The m in the address is just a temporary change and will eventually be removed. If you switch to the new homepage you can still type in www.yahoo.com and it will automatically re-direct you to m.www.yahoo.com, so there is no extra typing on your behalf. So, I'm afraid I really don't see the problem - could you elaborate why this is such an issue for you?

- Jon
  • QUOTE (Jon @ Aug 6 2009, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    With the new homepage revision there have been many requests to change back to the classic Yahoo.com homepage. This forum is dedicated to developer APIs and services and is therefore not a section of the company that has any effect over the decisions made by the front page group - these messages are not passed on to the front page team. The only help we can provide here are steps to switch back to the classic Yahoo! homepage.

At the bottom right of the new home page (in the footer) is a vertical list of options under "About Yahoo!". The first item in that list is "Return to Classic Yahoo.com"...click on that link.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc[font="Arial Black"][/font][size="3"][/size][color="#FF0000"][/color]

Please can we have the classic homepage back, this new one sucks, its way too slow. anyone listening?????
  • Please see my previous messages, or the message at the top of this forum on how to switch back.

- Jon
  • i really hate the new yahoo home page. cant move mouse with out something opening up right in frount of you.
    really wish the old home page would come back

btw me , my hubby , & my daughter feel this way

but i know the only way u know how ppl feel is 4 them 2 speak up

thank you
  • Is there anyway to get the yahoo classic home page back? I'm so completely frustrated with the new home page. It's a cluttered mess, and I've talked to at least 50 other people that hate it.

Thank You,
  • i hate this new homepage if i cant change it back to the old im going to someone else for my email thanks ron dyer

Recent Posts

in Suggestions for YDN