Yahoo Weather API, RSS feed presure value

Hello,

I hope this is the correct forum for this topic as I could not see a weather forum.

I have a problem whereby the RSS feed output for a weather integration I am doing is not outputting the pressure and rising values properly when using request parameters for Celsius.

Seems OK for Fahrenheit though...

Seems to be UK based to as I have check a few UK areas and all read the same.

e.g.
http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=UKXX0085&u=c

View the source of this to see that the pressure value is 0

As opposed to
http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=UKXX0085&u=f

Which reads the correct value...

Thanks for any help in advance.

by
6 Replies
  • Rising values actually seem ok as I have just seen a change but pressure is definitely not outputting correctly.

Tried a few more countries and all seem to be doing it...

I assume it is a setting Server side at Yahoo as the page itself has correct values but the RSS is incorrect.

Again any help is appreciated
  • Mark,

We don't have a Weather forum, but I'll make sure the team sees this post. They're usually very responsive.

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN
  • QUOTE (Duzins @ Apr 24 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Mark,

We don't have a Weather forum, but I'll make sure the team sees this post. They're usually very responsive.

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN

No worries Robyn,

I have looked again at the script I left in awaiting the correct value to come from the feed and it seems to have resolved now.

Thank you and the weather team for the response.

Kind regards
    Mark
  • QUOTE (mark_wheldon @ Apr 29 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    No worries Robyn,

I have looked again at the script I left in awaiting the correct value to come from the feed and it seems to have resolved now.

Thank you and the weather team for the response.

Kind regards
    Mark

The plot thickens...

It was working when I check it as above (about an hour ago), the current conditions were actually N/A (If this helps).

Now the current conditions have changed to a weather type the pressure has gone back to 0.

I know it is not a value thing because the page on yahoo with full details has correct pressure.

So, it worked briefly and has stopped again.

Any ideas weather team?

Thanks in advance
    Mark
  • QUOTE (mark_wheldon @ Apr 29 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The plot thickens...

It was working when I check it as above (about an hour ago), the current conditions were actually N/A (If this helps).

Now the current conditions have changed to a weather type the pressure has gone back to 0.

I know it is not a value thing because the page on yahoo with full details has correct pressure.

So, it worked briefly and has stopped again.

Any ideas weather team?

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Any advancement on this?

The site it is being implemented on is going live soon and this needs to work correctly.

Thanks in advance
    Mark
  • QUOTE (Duzins @ Apr 24 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Mark,

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN

Hi Duzins,

Did the weather team ever get on this?

I cannot imagine it is a massive bug as the data is there in page but not in RSS.

This is getting close to being severely needed.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Recent Posts

in Suggestions for YDN