Using the Weather API in a commercial application

Hi,

The Weather RSS Feed usage terms state that "...The feeds are provided free of charge for use by individuals and non-profit organizations for personal, non-commercial uses..."

Does it mean that it cannot be used at all in a commercial application?

Regards,
Dave

by
4 Replies
  • Dave,

Yes, it can not be used in commercial applications.

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN
  • QUOTE (duzins @ Nov 10 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ...... Yes, it can not be used in commercial applications.

Robyn Tippins
    Community Manager, YDN

Dear Robyn,

If a company intranet homepages for internal use is required to using these Weather data (in XML-format), should the company obtain the licensing information and/or permission from Weather.com directly (according to Yahoo! General Questions). As a result, may we know this licensing and permission information in order to use Yahoo Weather (and/or Weather.com) information.

Thanks a lot for your kind attention!

Thanks & Regards,
    Wallace

Remarks: Yahoo! General Questions
    = http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/weather/g...rQJ5rJ5MzZZrSN4
  • Clearly an iPhone app falls into commercial use territory, so how is it that the Apple iPhone Weather app is using Yahoo data? I realize they are Apple but is there a mechanism to license/pay for the weather service?
  • I'm not sure, likely a partnership deal or it's an app we made. I do know that we get much of our data from Weather.com for that API.

I'd suggest you talk directly to Weather.com for permission to redistribute their data.

Robyn

Recent Posts

in Suggestions for YDN