Problem in creating Customer Key and secert Key

Hi,

I have created a Ruby on rails application where i can login to my application using yahoo login credentials. For doing that i need to generate customer key and secret Key using this url https://developer.apps.yahoo.com/dashboard/createKey.html

I have registered my application for customer key and secret key and got the keys. Problem is i could not use my localhost url as the Application URL for my application registration.

How to register my localhost application to generate API key and secret Key.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance
Saranya.

by
5 Replies
  • Hi Sarayna,

For security reasons, we don't allow to use localhost as the callback host. See this solution from Yu Wang which was in reply to a similar query.

"For security reasons, oauth_callback cannot point to a site
    different from the one used during registration and verification.

You can register consumer key for a fake web site say "www.mysite.com"
    and skip the domain verification. Then in your development box,
    you can modify the hosts file to have "www.mysite.com" point to
    itself and configure your Web server to listen at "www.mysite.com".

Thanks,
    Yu Wang
    Yahoo! Membership Team "

Thanks,
    Anees
  • For security reasons, we don't allow to use localhost as the callback host. See this solution from Yu Wang which was in reply to a similar query.

"For security reasons, oauth_callback cannot point to a site different from the one used during registration and verification.

You can register consumer key for a fake web site say "www.mysite.com" and skip the domain verification. Then in your development box, you can modify the hosts file to have "www.mysite.com" point to itself and configure your Web server to listen at "www.mysite.com".

Thanks, Yu Wang Yahoo! Membership Team "

• Hi Anees & anabel,

As per your above post i have created a app with fake website. Here we can modify only Consumer Key, Consumer Secreat Key. But Yahoo api is not allowing me to change callback host name to localhost . if you join with this discussion would be heighly appriciated.

@ My Agenda is to build an application and test that into local environment. (localhost).

Thanks

• Hi Anees,

Did you get an alternative to create consumer Key and Consumer Secret for local environment. I am blocked as I need to develop and test on local environment only.

Please help.

Thanks

• Hi Reena,

Please use live domain while creating the app and use same keys locally.

Thanks Saurabh

Recent Posts

in Suggestions for YDN