Please Remove the Pop up windows

I dig the yahoo homepage and use other yahoo applications but the new homepage pop ups have me seriously getting rid of my account all together. The pop ups result in the page being cumbersome as when one moves the icon to get to a link other links pop up potentially blocking the link you are moving to. Please change this or go back to the classic which stuck to the KIS rule of keeping it simple.

by
21 Replies
  • QUOTE (denis @ Nov 14 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I dig the yahoo homepage and use other yahoo applications but the new homepage pop ups have me seriously getting rid of my account all together. The pop ups result in the page being cumbersome as when one moves the icon to get to a link other links pop up potentially blocking the link you are moving to. Please change this or go back to the classic which stuck to the KIS rule of keeping it simple.

I couldn't agree more!! This pop up is a total disaster. It won't let you move your mouse at all without some annoying pop up, then you have to stop and close it. HATE, HATE, HATE it!
  • See my last message on this thread on how to disable that column.
  • QUOTE (denis @ Nov 14 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, although the new site takes a little getting used to, over all it is nice...the pop-up however are driving me crazy...when you scroll over things they pop up and block what you are actually trying to click on...also the prompt pop-up that pops up when you origionally navigate to the home page is driving me crazy too. It auto-pops up asking to make Yahoo your home page, can't there just be a less-intrusive way to enable that with out that annoying pop-up? I already have Yahoo as my home page and I am about to remove it it so annoying...lol
  • Hi Eric,

The popup windows for applications should be disabled as of a recent revision a few days ago, so that should alleviate that problem. I'm not sure why you are seeing a message to add Yahoo! as your homepage - I can't replicate that problem and haven't seen anyone note that as a previous problem. You may want to post a note to the front page team through help.yahoo.com to let them know - they should be able to assist.

- Jon
  • QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Jan 28 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Eric,

The popup windows for applications should be disabled as of a recent revision a few days ago, so that should alleviate that problem. I'm not sure why you are seeing a message to add Yahoo! as your homepage - I can't replicate that problem and haven't seen anyone note that as a previous problem. You may want to post a note to the front page team through help.yahoo.com to let them know - they should be able to assist.

- Jon

Hello Jon,
    Didn't actually think that my post would get read that quickly or at all for that matter...good to know that feed back actually gets read...on that note, you are right....what I meant actually (sorry for the mix up) was the pop up that prompts you to add your favorites sites and stuff. I like how you all did the little check box for the quick view option...could you maybe just make that a check box option too? Pop-ups aer really annoying...thank goodness for the folks at Mozilla and their FireFox browser that put an end to most of that...
    Thanks Jon ;-)
  • ahh my apologies for the misunderstanding. I agree though, the quick view option was a vast improvement and am glad it was implemented. I'll go ahead and surface the suggestions to the appropriate team so that they could take a look for future releases.

Thanks again for the suggestions Eric.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Technology Evangelist
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: @jcleblanc

QUOTE (Eric @ Jan 28 2010, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello Jon,
    Didn't actually think that my post would get read that quickly or at all for that matter...good to know that feed back actually gets read...on that note, you are right....what I meant actually (sorry for the mix up) was the pop up that prompts you to add your favorites sites and stuff. I like how you all did the little check box for the quick view option...could you maybe just make that a check box option too? Pop-ups aer really annoying...thank goodness for the folks at Mozilla and their FireFox browser that put an end to most of that...
    Thanks Jon ;-)
  • The add function on the main Yahoo page is also a major issue. My home page is now Google after 10 years of yahoo being my main home page. The reason? The damn add icon window keeps popping up. I have no use for this. I love to read the featured stories but everytime I navigate to an article and then go back, the add icon pops up and I have to constantly x out of the box. So annoying. Fix this PLEASE!!
  • RYC, the left column can be removed easily by going to "Page Options" at the top right of the homepage and then selecting "Switch to compact view".

That should solve your problem,
    Jon
  • best way to remove all ads from yahoo.  Use google or firefox browser then download adp or adblock plus www.adblockplus.com.  this will block about 99 % of all ads.  this program is not well written for IE.  There is also an adblock plus for Safari.  It works I use and browse yahoo with only one ad so far and no pop ups.

QUOTE(Jonathan LeBlanc @ 4 Jan 2010 8:35 AM)
    RYC, the left column can be removed easily by going to "Page Options" at the top right of the homepage and then selecting "Switch to compact view".

Jon
  • use adblock plus and google or mozilla firefox browser.  Enjoy Yahoo without any (99%) ads.

QUOTE(denis @ 14 Nov 2009 8:30 PM)
  • Adblock plus works great on Google Chrome or mozilla firefox. &nbsp;I use it on both browsers and don&#39;t have any ads. &nbsp;www.adblockplus.com, then select your browser. &nbsp;Someone has adblock plus for IE but it dosen&#39;t really work that well. &nbsp;There is also a adblock plus for Apple Safari.
  • Hello, if you are using any browser except IE, you can download "adblock plus" and stop this bull poop.  It will not only stop the pop-up but will cancel about 95% of all ads.  Only problem it does not work on IE (yet).  Yahoo wants to play pop up then we can stop all the ads.  enjoy and spread the word.

QUOTE(denis @ 14 Nov 2009 8:30 PM)
  • try "adblock plus" it works on all ads and pop ups.  Will not work on IE yet but work on Google chrome, Opera, mozilla and other browsers.  enjoy and spread the word...

QUOTE(Rich @ 24 Dec 2009 9:43 AM)
    The add function on the main Yahoo page is also a major issue. My home page is now Google after 10 years of yahoo being my main home page. The reason? The damn add icon window keeps popping up. I have no use for this. I love to read the featured stories but everytime I navigate to an article and then go back, the add icon pops up and I have to constantly x out of the box. So annoying. Fix this PLEASE!!
  • Nothing stops the dam pop up.  why is Yahoo killing themselves.  I downloaded "adblock plus" and it not only stops the browser but all ads.  I'm sure yahoo is crazy about this.  It works on all browsers except IE.  Sorry Yahoo this is necessary to stop your stupid pop up.  I've been spreading the word...

QUOTE(Jonathan LeBlanc @ 4 Jan 2010 8:35 AM)
    RYC, the left column can be removed easily by going to "Page Options" at the top right of the homepage and then selecting "Switch to compact view".

Jon
  • the pop is driving me crazy. &nbsp;I had to download &quot;adblock plus&quot; to stop the pop up. &nbsp;Only problem now I get yahoo without any ads (if that is a problem!). &nbsp;&quot;Adblock plus&quot; works on all browsers except IE. &nbsp;Great on Apples Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others. &nbsp;I&#39;m using it now and only had one small ad that was part of a text. &nbsp;Just Google &quot;adblock plus&quot; without the quotes and it will make you life much happier. &nbsp;I think Yahoo is &quot;shooting themselves in the foot&quot;
  • how can I stop this yahoo pop up that keeps freezing my computer when I try to read a yahoo story. The pop up is for yahoo movies etc and its stupid and every time i open a yahoo story it pops up and freezes my computer until the pop up appears. help

\r

• Q
    • Dec 26, 2012

What about the new 'subtle' little pop up ad that comes up as along strip from the bottom of the screen killing of a percentage of your real estate until you X it off......when did this shit start and how can i stop it. I will go to google soon and leave Yahoo if this continues....

• Please visit help.yahoo.com for assistance with Yahoo Products. This forum is for developers.

Robyn

• Ive been using yahoo mail for several years now but I am so fed up with the pop up window asking me to modify my profile page that I am now thinking of using another email. Everytime you click on the sign off tab you have to wait for the pop up window to load and sometimes this happens several times. I have sent feedback but nobody has bothered to reply and tell me howt o get rid of this. As I say I think the only option is to stop using yahoo mail.

• Hi, I've been a loyal Yahoo user for like 7 years. However... An annoying problem has surfaced: an annoying Yahoo Messenger popup that, well pops up. On the bottom somewhat left side of the screen. It's either some spammers or bots, I don't know for sure; but apparently many people are affected by it. So I'm thinking it's someone nasty who's gotten in. O_O It's usually a weird name, eg. yankkyw209, stephaniex310, brittanyw305 - And NO. I know nobody by these IDs. I once clicked on those messages to see what's up. All I got was "yankkyw209 is typing..." and nothing came up. Whenever I typed in something it'd show me that the other person is typing. And if that's coincidence or someone playing a prank on me, then I'm Brad Pitt. As an IT guy myself, I know enough when someone is a real person and when it's just a program. Please look into this because this sounds like a serious security violation issue. -- Thank you

• Yes I think is a good idea !

• Tried ad block plus does not stop the pop up make yahoo your homepage. Which it is

• I want to get rid of the pop up, Make yahoo my home page. Quite annoying. Happens every time I change to another link. Thank you for suggestion.

• I'm having this problem too -- yahoo is already my home page and I still get this popup every time. How can this be disabled?

• Facing Problem in removing Plushd??????? we are here to help contact on @ 1-800-935-0537 http://computervirusremoval.us.com/

Recent Posts

in Suggestions for YDN