ColdFusion Developer Center

What happened to the ColdFusion Developer Center? As the author of it, I'm probably biased, but I'd like to know why it was removed?

Raymond Camden
ray@camdenfamily.com

by
60 Replies
  • Hey Ray,

I am also Coldfusion developer and I know you from various blogs! Sucks that they removed the Coldfusion developer center. I don't use it as I know my way around CF, but it's a shame!

They should put it back up.

Matt

QUOTE (Jedi Master @ Sep 10 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What happened to the ColdFusion Developer Center? As the author of it, I'm probably biased, but I'd like to know why it was removed?

Raymond Camden
    ray@camdenfamily.com
  • QUOTE (Jedi Master @ Sep 10 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is my question as well . . . I'd like to see this returned as well!
  • Why would Yahoo want to alienate ColdFusion / CFML developers. This makes no sense. Why not go the whole way and detect the user-agent, block the API for ColdFusion calls and call us rude names while you're at it?
  • QUOTE (Jedi Master @ Sep 10 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Raymond Camden
    ray@camdenfamily.com

I'd like to know what happened to it also. Please bring it back.
  • Agreed - bring back the CF Dev Center!
  • Hello? I've been LOOKING for this all over the place! Please put it back. Ray made and maintains it at no cost to you other than a blip's work of bandwidth and a small sliver of disk space. C'mon, listen to your legion of loyal followers (or at least 3 of us) and put the ColdFusion section back, OK?

Great! Thanks In Advance,

- M
  • I would also like to see ColdFusion Developer Center returned. I am an avid CF developer and am always looking for as much information as possible. I believe this is a great disservice to all of the CF developers out there. And Ray Camden is an exceptional author with thousands of followers. To have someone of his stature writing for you is a fantastic opportunity for you and gives instant credibility to the site.

Please return CF Developer Center.

Barry
  • I like Barry's perspective: hosting content by Ray gives Yahoo street cred! Classic. I agree, Barry. Keep the faith, brother. Y! will come through for us.
  • I hope the CF dev center gets added back. This is not good. C'mon guys!
  • I have only recently become aware of Yahoo's API - via Ray as a matter of fact - and I must admit it looks superb. Something I can see myself making use of in my web projects.

However, the lack of a Coldfusion developers center is ridiculous! There is an incredibly big (and active) community of Coldfusion developers across the world and we deserve to be represented. Surely Yahoo wants the biggest exposure to their technology they can get?

Opening up the developer network and promoting it to Coldfusion dev's is a brilliant way to do that. We are nothing if not evangelical when we find something we like.

Please rectify this as soon as possible.

James Allen
  • Please add the CF dev center.

tanks,
    --tom mcdonald
  • As a long time ColdFusion Developer, I would like ColdFusion Developer Center return. Please add it back! Thanks!

- Izzy
  • +1. I'm with Ray on this. CFML is not dead.

~Todd Rafferty
    Volunteer Railo Community Manager
    http://getrailo.org/
  • I just found out about the YQL. Unfortunately it was from reading Ray's Blog. I'm a Coldfusion Developer who feels the need for resources. We are not going away. Perhaps instead of getting rid of the center, you should consider ways of letting the CF community know that you have one.
  • Please put it back. I miss it! :b
  • yahoo - are you not aware the Chuck Norris is also CF developer?!

he's watching you right now, i suggest you do the right thing.

Luke
  • I absolutely agree with this thread. Please restore the ColdFusion Dev center...
  • ditto Forrest W's reply and really curious to know what Yahoo has to offer CF developers!
  • Another vote here for the return of CF!
  • Bring back the ColdFusion Dev Center....
  • + 1 for the return of the ColdFusion Developer Center.
  • +1 Please bring it back! Thanks for bringing this up, Ray.
  • Wow. Can't believe it's gone. Next you know and they'll be pulling other using information for things like javascript libraries and other advanced useful technologies.

C'mon, bring it back... err, I mean please :)
  • Crazy decision ! Y! had good, free, documentation, that would be kept up to date for them, and could only ever drive more developers to use their services, and they just removed it because they couldn't make it fit their new page layout (or whatever)... mad.
  • Theories:
    • They are partnered now with Microsoft. Hmmmm. Wonder if the Flash/Flex developer network will 'accidentally' start redirecting to Silverlight soon.
    • They are not ColdFusion developers and as such are prone to make more mistakes like this one (CRUD just isn't as easy in other languages).
    • Raymond ticked them off.
    • They're testing us.
    • Microsoft is making them switch their back-end infrastructure to Sharepoint, and well things can just kinda happen, you know?
    • Technicians are scrambling as we speak to find a ColdFusion programmer to prove that yes, in fact, they still do exist and that these requests aren't just to 'screw with them'.
    • They just don't care about us any more. Weep.

Seriously, if you want the traffic/love/respect back, return the ColdFusion DC and we won't even ask why it went away in the first place.
  • Yahboooooo!

Bring back the CF dev center, it was actually quite useful.
  • Please do bring back the ColdFusion Development Center. It is very handy.
  • +1, pls bring it back.
  • Don't go away :(
  • Bring it back....PLEASE........???
    I love CF......
    W.A.
  • The ColdFusion community is 800K and growing strong with over 12k companies actively developing ColdFusion applications. It's really Yahoo's loss if they don't want to support us. I wonder if Yahoo even knows that YUI ships with ColdFusion 8?

-Adam
  • Please bring back the CF Dev Center!
  • I've used the Coldfusion section on the Yahoo Developer network fo reference in the past, and to be honest wouldn't feel confident using YDN without a little help. Its such a shame as I have been impressed by Yahoo in the past and am surprised that they're happy to alienate a bunch of developers who wish to make use of YDN :(
  • Yeah, please put it back!
  • +1 for bringing it back. It's a handy resource to have around.
  • Bring it back!!!!
    The ColdFusion community is 800K and growing strong with over 12k companies actively developing ColdFusion applications.

Exactly. And with the new release coming it's insane that they dropped it. Has anyone from Yahoo even made a comment yet Ray? It's really quite insane why they'd do it.

Add my trillion votes to having it back!
    (I'll write a quick app that votes a trillion times ....)

:)
  • bring back CF Dev Center!
  • QUOTE (Forrest W @ Sep 11 2009, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I just found out about the YQL. Unfortunately it was from reading Ray's Blog. I'm a Coldfusion Developer who feels the need for resources. We are not going away. Perhaps instead of getting rid of the center, you should consider ways of letting the CF community know that you have one.

This.
  • +1 - as the Whos of Whoville say, "We are here, we are here, we are here"
    • Z
    • Sep 11, 2009
    We would like the ColdFusion Dev Center back. Thanks.
  • Yes, please, bring back the CF developer center.
  • Bring it back. It is a valuable, high quality resource
  • +1

Please put it back! Does Yahoo not dig Coldfusion anymore? B)
  • Why would a company take down content?!

Seriously Yahoo, bring back the CF Developer section. I'm sure CF was on a downward slide in the past, but with 3+ Open Source Engines, CFML is back with a vengeance!
  • please return the coldfusion dev center.
  • I want my CF Dev Ceeeeen teeeer. Sung in the best "Dire Straits Voice" you can muster.
  • We would like the ColdFusion Dev Center back.
  • Me too... was just getting interested in the Yahoo CF content by Ray Camden. Drop this ball, and you miss a chance to bring in a very active and loyal community of exceptionally smart and creative people.
  • Thank you for letting us know how you feel. We've spent the better part of today trying to decide whether or not to keep this Developer Center open. Our main concern is that we provide the people in the community the information they need. If that means sending people to Adobe, that is better than keeping a Developer Center open that gets little traffic. So, we decided it made more sense to support the developers using ColdFusion where they were, rather than here at YDN.

However, it appears that the Developer Center here at YDN was more popular than we thought. We are considering putting it back. What would please us most, though, is to do what our community wants us to do. Would you rather us put the ColdFusion Developer Community back, or would it be better to add our knowledge to an existing community. Please let us know what you would rather happen.

We build these communities to serve you, so it's important that we know what would best suit you and then we can make our decision with the best information available. So, with that in mind, we'd love your feedback. Please weigh in :)Community Manager, YDN
  • I dont understand why Y would do that. Just put the CF DC back online.
    Atm I'm thinking about deleting my Yahoo-Account. Maybe we should switch to Google..
  • QUOTE (appleseedexm @ Sep 12 2009, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I dont understand why Y would do that. Just put the CF DC back online.
    Atm I'm thinking about deleting my Yahoo-Account. Maybe we should switch to Google..

Thanks for the feedback, looks like you've underestimated the CF section on Y a little. I think just killing a section wich is not as popular as another section isnt quite the solution. Your answer shows that you care about your users what is nice to see
  • As a cf enthusiast, I'd also appreciate all content about cfml to remain publicly available.
    Whether it is on site a or b doesn't really matter imo, as long as it can be found through the search engines, it is still alive!

Paul Klinkenberg
  • Hey, Yahoo, please bring back the ColdFusion Developer Center. Thank you.
  • Hey Yahoo...
    ....Not fair...Bring back ColdFusion Developer Center...
    Thnx,
    http://ajithmanmadhan.wordpress.com/
  • I'd like to see it stay on the YDN site. When I'm looking for info on a library or API I tend to visit the site hosting it, not the site of the company responsible for my programming language.

Thanks!
  • +1 for keeping the CF Dev Center. I don't use it a lot, but I am a big fan of the Yahoo Dev network in general, and ColdFusion/CFML of course.

T
  • I agree that the ColdFusion Developer Center should be brough back. CF is a fast growing language over the last several years and it is only getting bigger.

It can't take all that much of Yahoo!'s resources to keep it open so I say do it!

Joe Danziger
    Dedicated CF Developer
  • I would also like to see ColdFusion Developer Center returned. Please put it back!

Thanks
    Singi
  • Hire Coldfusion Developer India - Panzertechnologies.com

At Panzer Technologies, We have developers that are well versed with ColdFusion Development and we help you in designing a website that is fully functional and highly speedy. We can help you with cost-effective and highly secured website applications at our desk.

Visit Once our Panzer Site @ http://www.panzertechnologies.com/IT

Recent Posts

in Suggestions for YDN