New dialog: Requires to Enter Code

Hi,

I am getting a new error all of a sudden, when I try to use OAuth flow for Contacts API. I am pasting the Dialog string below.

===============Dialog Begin=======================================================
Allow this application to access your Yahoo! account?
With your permission, this device or software application from a third-party publisher can use the data in your Yahoo! account.
Enter the code that was provided to you by the device or application.

Enter your code: This 7 character code is provided to you by the device or software application that you are trying to use.
If you cannot find this code, please review the instruction manual for this device or software application.
===============Dialog End=======================================================

Earlier I never used to get this and I have not done any changes. I am aware of the OAuth security protocol issues, but I think this is not related to this.
Now where is the 7 digit code given back on the calls to (1) get_request_token or (2) authorize_token or (3) getAccessToken().

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Girish.

by
4 Replies
  • I'll forward this on to the engineers to see what this may be - I haven't seen this message before.

- Jon

QUOTE (Girish @ Apr 27 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I am getting a new error all of a sudden, when I try to use OAuth flow for Contacts API. I am pasting the Dialog string below.

===============Dialog Begin=======================================================
    Allow this application to access your Yahoo! account?
    With your permission, this device or software application from a third-party publisher can use the data in your Yahoo! account.
    Enter the code that was provided to you by the device or application.

Enter your code: This 7 character code is provided to you by the device or software application that you are trying to use.
    If you cannot find this code, please review the instruction manual for this device or software application.
    ===============Dialog End=======================================================

Earlier I never used to get this and I have not done any changes. I am aware of the OAuth security protocol issues, but I think this is not related to this.
    Now where is the 7 digit code given back on the calls to (1) get_request_token or (2) authorize_token or (3) getAccessToken().

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Girish.
  • For my app, users started reporting this as well, then all was normal again. &nbsp;Not sure why. &nbsp;When those users tried later, they could proceed without needing a code.
  • Any feedback for this issue?

• I am aware of the OAuth security protocol issues, erlier I never used to get this and I have not done any changes.for my app on this website, users started reporting this as well, then all was normal again.

Recent Posts

in Social Directory API