Time Picker

I noticed you have a calendar picker but not a time picker. I think this would help people out some. Have standard hours with 5 minute intervals and if they want to make it more precise they can.

by
8 Replies
  • QUOTE (anonymous @ Jan 2 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I noticed you have a calendar picker but not a time picker. I think this would help people out some. Have standard hours with 5 minute intervals and if they want to make it more precise they can.

I think that's a great suggestion. I'll talk to the YUI team about that too.
  • What's come of this? This is one item that I used a lot when using the dojo js library, I was hoping to see something similar for YUI.
  • QUOTE (Marco Z @ Apr 25 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    What's come of this? This is one item that I used a lot when using the dojo js library, I was hoping to see something similar for YUI.

We're still discussing it.
  • QUOTE (xian is short for Christian @ Jul 28 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We're still discussing it.

Any news yet on the timepicker? I'm currently in the process of deciding how to implement this in a user-friendly manner.
  • QUOTE (anonymous @ Jan 2 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0inQbqfzKU
  • QUOTE (TheTrueWoman2 @ May 18 2010, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Please take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0inQbqfzKU

That's a pretty cool solution. I wonder about the accessibility factors, though.

Another thing to consider is that HTML5 is beginning to "bake in" some of these compound patterns, such as datepickers, as objects that are rendered by the browser directly.
  • Hi,

I'm interested in the use of the Calendar picker for selection of dates that might be many years from the current date. Obviously, using a Calendar picker to enter a birthdate, where the year/date was decades in the past would represent quite a number of clicks if the calendar is moving one month at a time.

Is the solution to this to bind drop-downs for "year" (and either month and day) to the Calendar, or are there any better patterns to allow for manipulation of dates along a sliding scale of granularity from years, through months and finally days (and possibly as has been previously pointed out hours, minutes, etc)?

Thanks,
    Slade Winstone.
  • QUOTE (Slade @ Jan 7 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Is the solution to this to bind drop-downs for "year" (and either month and day) to the Calendar, or are there any better patterns to allow for manipulation of dates along a sliding scale of granularity from years, through months and finally days (and possibly as has been previously pointed out hours, minutes, etc)?

Thanks,
    Slade Winstone.

Looking around the web, I don't see any "breakthrough" solutions to the problem you outline, beyond the idea you suggested of binding a drop-down (or a tab/button switcher that changes what the forward/back buttons do) to years (as opposed to months or days).

But I'll keep looking!
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Selection Patterns