Returning target text?

When I ask Placemaker to geotag a URL the XML results add additional information onto the original target text. For example:

Newark Liberty International Airport ===> Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark,NJ
Tucson, AZ ===> Tucson, AZ, US

While the added identifiers are correct, they do not help when searching the original text for the target placenames which Placemaker found.

Is there anyway to have the text I began with returned "AS IS" without the added identifier?

Thanks,

Clyde

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (clydeford@... @ May 24 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    When I ask Placemaker to geotag a URL the XML results add additional information onto the original target text. For example:

Newark Liberty International Airport ===> Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark,NJ
    Tucson, AZ ===> Tucson, AZ, US

Correct, that is the normalised name for that place.
    A place could be mentioned multiple times in the document, so the place itself is not a good location to stuff the original text (image a text mentioning both "Big Apple" and "NYC").

QUOTE (clydeford@... @ May 24 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    While the added identifiers are correct, they do not help when searching the original text for the target placenames which Placemaker found.

Is there anyway to have the text I began with returned "AS IS" without the added identifier?

That's what the references in the result are for. They list exactly where and what text was identified to be a place reference. Each such reference has a list of woeids (will be only one item in the list unless you ask for the disambiguation to be switched off) so you can link via those to the list of places found.
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Placemaker General Discussion