Place finder api 403 forbidden

using the place finder api for city and state validation. When using the api on dev server 2008 r2 web server it runs perfectly but when I put it on a server 2003 machine I get this error:
 "The training city is not located in the training state. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials) at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials) at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)"

This is the error message from the exception:(403) Forbidden

by
2 Replies
  • The error you provided does not appear to be related to PlaceFinder.  What would be more useful is the URL that you are trying to fetch.  It is possible that the APIs on the 2008 and 2003 versions differ in the way they handle URL fetching and decoding.  It would also be useful to provide a timestamp for the failure in case we want to examine our log files.

Eddie Babcock
    Yahoo! Geo Technologies

QUOTE(oneo @ 22 Sep 2011 4:12 PM)
    using the place finder api for city and state validation. When using the api on dev server 2008 r2 web server it runs perfectly but when I put it on a server 2003 machine I get this error:
     "The training city is not located in the training state. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials) at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials) at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)"

• ("http://where.yahooapis.com/geocode?location={0},+{1}&appid={2}", strCity, strState, strAppID) This is the string that I build and get the response from. This works fine on all our other servers. Is this what you are looking for?

QUOTE(Eddie B @ 28 Sep 2011 11:26 AM)
    The error you provided does not appear to be related to PlaceFinder.  What would be more useful is the URL that you are trying to fetch.  It is possible that the APIs on the 2008 and 2003 versions differ in the way they handle URL fetching and decoding.  It would also be useful to provide a timestamp for the failure in case we want to examine our log files.

Eddie Babcock
    Yahoo! Geo Technologies

QUOTE(oneo @ 22 Sep 2011 4:12 PM)

This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in PlaceFinder General Discussion