Unable To make a valid RSS , help please

I was trying to get this thing as a valid RSS output, dont know why its still not able to make a valid output, what I'm trying to do is get the title and decription from reviews from ASIN number, and conver it as an rss list, and then I'm trying to add image for each deescription item feed, help me please. ..what is my mistake.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=676ffd84143aa94dc36633460dfad4c5 Thank you

6 Replies
  • seems like you got the title and description down. you just need to fine tune your regex so you get a title that makes sense.

thanks -paul

• could you please show me a simple example to get the right tune in this ..?

• i got trouble to clean all the value except the one that I need to add as an item, I,v tried $1 witg "g" and its seems not working . any idea..?

for example

1,363 of 1,383 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars <b>Another winner from Canon, March 20, 2012 By&nbsp;E. Tam (Antioch, CA) - See all my reviews<br /> (TOP 500 REVIEWER) &nbsp;&nbsp; <b class="h3color tiny" style="margin-<right:0.5em;>">Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?) <b>This review is from: Canon PowerShot SX260 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 20x Image Stabilized Zoom 25mm Wide-Angle Lens and 1080p Full-HD Video (Black) (Electronics) I received my SX260 last Wednesday and have taken about 700 shots and a few quick 5 minute video. Without writing a novel, here are the high/low points of this unit. In addition to this unit, I also purchased a

how to only get the text "Another winner from Canon" from the value above

• Have a look at this...

FOR FORUM - valid RSS

• I made the pipe quickly. It may not be exactly what you want.

• Fetch Page is depreciated. Use Xpath Fetch Page instead.

• I gave item.link a value. If item.link has no value - pipes gives it a "stub" value: http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/null

• The Truncate Module is a trick to force strings to work in a loop. I hate the way Pipes deals with strings.

• Be careful with the Rename Module. I always use "Copy" instead of "Rename" because with "Rename" it's possible to give elements empty values by accident.

• Create RSS doesn't need to be in a loop.

• Oops. I meant to say...

• The Tokenizer Module is a trick to force strings to work in a loop. I hate the way Pipes deals with strings
  • thanks, I get it now, yes, it seems that xpath is the best solution for this kind a issue

Recent Posts

in Pipes