0

Tunnel Connection Failed (502)

Hi, About a week ago, yahoo pipes stopped fetching my eventbrite rss feed. Here is the error

This Pipe ran successfully but encountered some problems:

warning Error fetching https://www.eventbrite.com/rss/user_list_events/10977928319. Response: Tunnel Connection Failed (502)

Pipe location, http://pipes.yahoo.com/ucol/fa6467e53bdd6771d061829b6fefdddf

Did something change?

by
9 Replies
  • Hello,

    the pipe works fine, so I can't see the problem. However the error message points to the "https". take that "s" out, and this error should never appear again.

    Best-

    0
  • Thank you. I removed the s from https: and pipes is returning 0 results, which isn't correct. Any other insights?

    0
  • That's weird, I've got 3 results. Have you got any error message? does it works in the debugger? It's hard to diagnostic when I see no error...

    0
  • Hi, Thanks for looking. 3 results is what you should get. I'm getting 0. Here is the error message

    This Pipe ran successfully but encountered some problems:

    warning Error fetching http://www.eventbrite.com/rss/user_list_events/10977928319. Response: 0

    0
  • The debugger also returns 0 results

    0
  • Hello,

    That's one of the weirdest error I've seen yet as it still works for me However, you may want to feedburn your source to ensure it's not a problem between your fetching server (your local yahoo one) and eventbrite.

    Feedburning your source will give you a proxy to the source feed (the eventbrite one) with caching. That's now a google service available here: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/myfeeds?gsessionid=ikZF1xXll29oi4sX9XpvLA It's quite simple, simply copy/paste the eventbrite link and follow the steps.

    Hope it works, but come back and say so if it doesn't!

    0
  • The feedburner worked. Do you think the eventbrite change their settings? Or did something in yahoo pipes change to prevent eventbrite feeds? It was working smoothly for years.

    0
  • Sorry for the delay in the answer, I have been very busy.

    As I was able to get the results, I don't think EB changed their settings, nor do I think it was pipes. It has to be a local thing, so I'm thinking maybe the use of pipes with EB increased in your part of the world, and there were some traffic issue.

    Actually as it works for you now, I'm thinking that what worked is that now it's the feedburner user agent which queries EB instead of Yahoo pipes'. It a recurrent issue with popular websites: as the same user agent is used for all pipes of a given Y! server, websites see a lot of traffic from one single virtual user.

    To conclude, with your feedburner solution, no more problem in perspective :)

    0

Recent Posts

in Pipes