0

Internal Server Error

Hello,

I am running this pipe: http://pipes.yahoo.com/jordy/urbexjapan

For some reason, it stopped working 2-3 months ago and I cannot debug anything. Even when I try to test the very few steps of my pipe I get "preview failed" and "internal server error". I copied one of the step of the pipe to another pipe and I could get the preview.

Is there something wrong related to my pipe internally? Everything taken independently works, but the whole pipe is crashing on the server side.

Thanks for your help.

by
5 Replies
  • your pipe looks like it's working now... btw, instead of using regex modules just for adding something in front, use loop+string builder. Using regex for that is like using a tank to do a sprint. It will reduce your runtime, and considering the quantity of sources you have, probably reduce the troubles you may have.

    1
  • Hey Lolo,

    I understand the regex takes time here and the RSS feed might be accessible from outside by timeout. However, how would you use a loop + the string builder here?

    My pipe is simple, just gathering all those RSS together but adding the name of the website in front of the title. But to tell you the truth, it's not obvious to me how to do it differently.

    0
  • well give me the pipe url :) (remainder: when debugging, a pipe must be unpublished.)

    0
  • Hello Lolo,

    Sorry, can you try again? Here: http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=998d7876c399019936114f09b1ee8a2d

    If there is a way I could use a loop with only one string builder and a way to handle all the inputs RSS in another way it would be perfect.

    I really don't like how it's made right now but I have no idea how to simplify it. It's weird because I think merging RSS togethers is one of the main purpose of Pipes, but I might do things wrong :)

    0
  • Hello,

    I found out a trick a while ago for handling lists of inputs. It allows dynamic modifications of the list, so that's neat :)

    I put an example here: http://pipes.yahoo.com/luneart/827e9a1d2c3ba8bed42612dbf19edd2c and yes, those few blocks do the same work than your numerous blocks (with the big advantage of easy addition/deletion of sources). The explanations are in the following:

    First, go to pastebin (or other online services which allow storage of raw and public data) and paste the URL of all your feeds, one per line, such as this: http://pastebin.com/BvtKL4y7 Put the paste to public or unlisted (not private) and copy the ID of the paste (the last characters, after the /). Then fetch the URLs using a fetch CSV module, put the output in a loop containing a fetch feed/fetch first feed (in your case).

    Now, my web browser only prints latin characters, but I tried to get the name of your source feed in the title as you did. But as it's now an automatic process, the name of the feed must be found in the item! mainly I found the name in the beginning of the URL, expect for the yahoo.co.jp source, hence the 2nd and 3rd lines of the regex module.

    Just after the regex module you can see what I meant with loop+string builder ;)

    Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

    0

Recent Posts

in Pipes