login into flikr with existing openID

maybe I am completly of track here but while all the web is full of HowTos for using an YahooID as openID i wonder if I can use my existing openID (at myopenid.com) in order to regist at flickr?

I feel kinda stupid but i couldnt find any proper info on this issue but can hardly image that while propagate openID yahoo is not offering registration itself.

I am sorry for my messed up question and apreciate any input concerning this matter, Eric .

3 Replies
  • Hi Eric,

Flickr currently does not provide the option of registering with an OpenID. The idea of Yahoo! Properties consuming OpenID's is something we are still investigating.

Regards,
    Sabari / Yahoo! Membership

QUOTE (sebschuwr @ Dec 4 2008, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    maybe I am completly of track here but while all the web is full of HowTos for using an YahooID as openID i wonder if I can use my existing openID (at myopenid.com) in order to regist at flickr?

I feel kinda stupid but i couldnt find any proper info on this issue but can hardly image that while propagate openID yahoo is not offering registration itself.

I am sorry for my messed up question and apreciate any input concerning this matter, Eric .
  • QUOTE (Sabari @ Dec 5 2008, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Eric,

Flickr currently does not provide the option of registering with an OpenID. The idea of Yahoo! Properties consuming OpenID's is something we are still investigating.

Regards,
    Sabari / Yahoo! Membership

Long been a user of various yahoo services, even using them to conduct business. I'm having trouble staying on the yahoo platform without what I consider adequate security of my information however. SiteKey is nice but not what I'm thinking of, I really like the extra-factor auth BoA now delivers to consumers in the form of a rotating-pin-card and/or SMS authentication codes ensuring if my PC is compromised my bank accounts are still secure.

I'd love to know that if my PC is compromised my data online in yahoo web services is secure as well.

My 2 cents anyway... I understand neither the inhouse security infrastructure development nor opening the door and becoming an openid consumer in conjunction with a secure platform like VeriSign's VIP Network are very attractive in the current market. That said I'm ready to ditch my long-time dedication to yahoo.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. We hope you continue using Yahoo! services.

Multi-factor OpenID sign-in is definitely something that is interesting. You will see the major players like Google, AOL, Yahoo! etc start implementing these solutions once consuming parties (like B of A etc) start requiring multi-factor authentication with OpenID to their authentication schemes.

Regards,
    Sabari
    Yahoo! Membership

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 4 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Long been a user of various yahoo services, even using them to conduct business. I'm having trouble staying on the yahoo platform without what I consider adequate security of my information however. SiteKey is nice but not what I'm thinking of, I really like the extra-factor auth BoA now delivers to consumers in the form of a rotating-pin-card and/or SMS authentication codes ensuring if my PC is compromised my bank accounts are still secure.

I'd love to know that if my PC is compromised my data online in yahoo web services is secure as well.

My 2 cents anyway... I understand neither the inhouse security infrastructure development nor opening the door and becoming an openid consumer in conjunction with a secure platform like VeriSign's VIP Network are very attractive in the current market. That said I'm ready to ditch my long-time dedication to yahoo.

Thanks,
    Matt

Recent Posts

in OpenID General Discussion