OpenID extensions not working

My app uses the OAuth, UI, and AX extensions to OpenID, and it appears that none of them are working right now.

The user gets the non-popup UI, is not presented with the OAuth approval, and the response does not include any of the requested AX fields.

It seems you can see the same problem with AX when logging in at stackoverflow.com as a new user. The OpenID response includes none of the AX fields, and the stackoverflow account creation page doesn't show the user's email address where it normally would.

by
10 Replies
  • QUOTE (Michael @ Apr 13 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My app uses the OAuth, UI, and AX extensions to OpenID, and it appears that none of them are working right now.

The user gets the non-popup UI, is not presented with the OAuth approval, and the response does not include any of the requested AX fields.

It seems you can see the same problem with AX when logging in at stackoverflow.com as a new user. The OpenID response includes none of the AX fields, and the stackoverflow account creation page doesn't show the user's email address where it normally would.

For the record, I'm having the exact same problem.
  • QUOTE (justinjmiller @ Apr 13 2011, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    For the record, I'm having the exact same problem.

if you uses the OAuth, UI, and AX extensions to OpenID and if you want non-popup UI, with the OAuth approval. you can use http://www.nyalog.in ,openID and OpenAuth provider, this provide you many login interfaces as you want and its very easy to implement and manage.
  • you can check posted thread
  • if you uses the OAuth, UI, and AX extensions to OpenID and if you want non-popup UI, with the OAuth approval. you can use http://www.nyalog.in ,openID and OpenAuth provider, this provide you many login interfaces as you want and its very easy to implement and manage.
  • I'm having the same problem as well on two of my sites. I'm betting the problem is that the axschema.org site was taken over by a domain squatter earlier today so all references to the attribute exchange definitions hosted on axschema.org aren't working and Yahoo didn't cache the definitions.
  • Hi all,

This problem should have been fixed. Can you please try and confirm?

Thanks,
    Yu Wang
    Yahoo! Membership Team
  • AX and OAuth are working fine now, thanks.

I'm not so sure about the UI extension though. The "popup" option seems to have no effect, and I believe the login page UI is different from before.

It now shows the Google and Facebook buttons, which weren't there before, and I don't think they make much sense in the context of an OpenID login by a user who has just explicitly chosen to login via their Yahoo account.

And the window now automatically resizes itself to a fixed size, even if it was already more than big enough. This is a problem for us and probably others, as the page that we show after login is designed for a certain minimum size. And it's very annoying on sites like stackoverflow.com that open the OpenID login in the same browser window, instead of in a popup.
  • Hi Michael,

It is a recent change that we've added the Facebook/Google sign-in
    option on the OpenID login page. Though it looks a bit weird as you
    said, we do have valid use cases where a user may want to sign in
    through her Facebook/Google account.

Would you mind if you share with us your web site so we can check
    the UI issue? We'll also check the stackoverflow.com site.

Thanks,
    Yu Wang
    Yahoo! Membership Team
  • You seem to have the same issue . I&#39;ve visited your website and you display the yahoo in pop-up too . Is it possible to display the signin page in full page (no pop-up) ?<br><br><div class="quote"><div class="quotetop">QUOTE<cite>(Anonymous @ 13 Jun 2011 4:58 AM)</cite></div><blockquote class="quotemain">if you uses the OAuth, UI, and AX extensions to OpenID and if you want non-popup UI, with the OAuth approval. you can use <a href="http://www.nyalog.in" rel="nofollow" target="ext">http://www.nyalog.in</a> ,openID and OpenAuth provider, this provide you many login interfaces as you want and its very easy to implement and manage.</blockquote></div>
  • Hi Yu Wang , <br><br>&nbsp;Is it possible to display the yahoo openid Signin page without to have the window resized ? We have developed a Single Sign On Application but the yahoo window resize ruins the whole user experience .<br>&nbsp; I appreciate your time ,<br>Mihai<br><br><div class="quote"><div class="quotetop">QUOTE<cite>(omiga @ 14 Apr 2011 11:56 AM)</cite></div><blockquote class="quotemain">Hi Michael,<br><br>It is a recent change that we&#39;ve added the Facebook/Google sign-in<br>option on the OpenID login page. Though it looks a bit weird as you<br>said, we do have valid use cases where a user may want to sign in<br>through her Facebook/Google account.<br><br>Would you mind if you share with us your web site so we can check<br>the UI issue? We&#39;ll also check the stackoverflow.com site.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Yu Wang<br>Yahoo! Membership Team</blockquote></div>

Recent Posts

in OpenID General Discussion