what are the permission levels of yap's

I thought the gadget file's in YAP's , if the yap is an open application, could access yql social tables directly?

by
2 Replies
  • You can if your application has the correct social permissions set. When looking at the permissions of the application that you created do you have the read or read/write permission set for the social information that you are looking for?

- Jon
  • QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Nov 29 2010, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You can if your application has the correct social permissions set. When looking at the permissions of the application that you created do you have the read or read/write permission set for the social information that you are looking for?

- Jon

my twitter is @HouyhnhnmTwit
  • I tested a simple OAuth request using osapi.get / gadgets.io.makeRequest and I'm seeing similar errors (bad OAuth config). This will take a little bit of debugging and if we can't generate a workaround we'll need to add this as a platform fix for the YAP team. Since we're going into a code moratorium there won't be any code pushes made for the rest of the year I'm afraid.

Can you try using one of the social SDKs available: http://developer.yahoo.com/social/sdk/

Those have a native YQL method available that should allow you to make protected YQL requests.

- Jon
  • QUOTE (Jonathan LeBlanc @ Dec 7 2010, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I tested a simple OAuth request using osapi.get / gadgets.io.makeRequest and I'm seeing similar errors (bad OAuth config). This will take a little bit of debugging and if we can't generate a workaround we'll need to add this as a platform fix for the YAP team. Since we're going into a code moratorium there won't be any code pushes made for the rest of the year I'm afraid.

Can you try using one of the social SDKs available: http://developer.yahoo.com/social/sdk/

Those have a native YQL method available that should allow you to make protected YQL requests.

- Jon

Dear Mr. Leblanc,
    thank you again for your responses:)
    I will try, but it is really unfortunate that the system is having issues, I thought I had this thing toward being licked.

Recent Posts

in OAuth General Discussion YDN SDKs