oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown

No matter what I put for the "Application URL" whenever I attempt to get a request token I get "oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown". Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

3 Replies
  • So I've tried Scribe and Signpost. Both give me "oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown" every time I attempt to retrieve a request token. Scribe will grant a request token and access token only if in PLAINTEXT mode, but then I cannot access the social.yahooapis.com. I've tried deleting and creating a project several times. I've made sure I've copied the consumer key and secret correctly, checking for "--" at the end. I can get this to work fine in development. Maybe that's because the callback is for localhost. I don't know.

Can anyone give any help?

QUOTE(Michael Mccaskill @ 30 Aug 2011 6:03 PM)
    No matter what I put for the "Application URL" whenever I attempt to get a request token I get "oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown". Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
  • So I've discovered when using Scribe if I set the SignatureType to Header I get the "consumer_key_unknown" error. If I switch it to QueryString then I get "signature_invalid".

QUOTE(Michael Mccaskill @ 15 Sep 2011 8:18 AM)
    So I've tried Scribe and Signpost. Both give me "oauth_problem=consumer_key_unknown" every time I attempt to retrieve a request token. Scribe will grant a request token and access token only if in PLAINTEXT mode, but then I cannot access the social.yahooapis.com. I've tried deleting and creating a project several times. I've made sure I've copied the consumer key and secret correctly, checking for "--" at the end. I can get this to work fine in development. Maybe that's because the callback is for localhost. I don't know.

Can anyone give any help?

• So apparently Yahoo! doesn't support the OAuth header, which explains why using Querystring in Scribe works. And apparently the key in our .properties had a space which explains why the signature_invalid error happened. Yahoo must trim the key on their end. So once I trimmed the key in my code it works fine.

Recent Posts

in OAuth General Discussion YDN SDKs