Website not verified when getting token on mobile device

Hi guys, I'm building an app against a Yahoo API that first requires OAuth. I'm able to call get_request_token and get back an OAuth Token but when I do this on the mobile device I'm developing for, and use the OAuth Request Auth URL provided, I get the following error:

"Warning: This website has not been verified by Yahoo!. For your security, we recommend that you continue only if you trust this website".

Then if I click "Agree", the browser tries to go to this page: http://%26quot/;oob"?oauth_token=kj3wvgd&oauth_verifier=qchrrj.

I setup the code in the OAuth tutorial and if I put in the consumer key and consumer secret, used on the mobile device above, and run the tutorial from the command line, I have no problem using the OAuth Request Auth URL it provides. I don't get any errors and when I click Agree, it provides me with the OAuth Verifier.

I've tried with both Website and Desktop/Client applications and have the same results. For callback I use "oob" for both the tutorial code and for the mobile code.

Not sure why I'm getting a website error on the mobile device and not when run with the tutorial code.

Thank you for any help!

David B.

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (David B @ Jul 6 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi guys, I'm building an app against a Yahoo API that first requires OAuth. I'm able to call get_request_token and get back an OAuth Token but when I do this on the mobile device I'm developing for, and use the OAuth Request Auth URL provided, I get the following error:

"Warning: This website has not been verified by Yahoo!. For your security, we recommend that you continue only if you trust this website".

Then if I click "Agree", the browser tries to go to this page: http://%26quot/;oob&quot;?oauth_token=kj3wvgd&oauth_verifier=qchrrj.

Figured this out, I had quotes around a couple of the parameters, removed them and now everything is working!

David

Recent Posts

in OAuth General Discussion YDN SDKs