OAuth Error

Hello,
I'm trying to get a Request Token by using the get_request_token URL.
I set up all the parameters correctly, but I get a 401 Unauthorized as a response.
So I tried to enter directly the URL with the parameters and got this error: "Custom port is not allowed or the host is not registered with this consumer key".
Since my app is registered correctly with a consumer key, it must be the first reason, and yes, I do have in the callback URL a custom port, because we have several websites in the development server and all of them run on a separate port (in my particular case port number is 9999).
How can one overcome this "custom port" problem? There is already another website running on the default port 80, so I can't just use it...

Thanks!

Marco

by
3 Replies
  • QUOTE (M I @ Jul 29 2010, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello,
    I'm trying to get a Request Token by using the get_request_token URL.
    I set up all the parameters correctly, but I get a 401 Unauthorized as a response.
    So I tried to enter directly the URL with the parameters and got this error: "Custom port is not allowed or the host is not registered with this consumer key".
    Since my app is registered correctly with a consumer key, it must be the first reason, and yes, I do have in the callback URL a custom port, because we have several websites in the development server and all of them run on a separate port (in my particular case port number is 9999).
    How can one overcome this "custom port" problem? There is already another website running on the default port 80, so I can't just use it...

Thanks!

Marco

I solved my problem by using oob as a value for callback_url. Now I have to split my code accordin to if I'm in dev or prod environment...
  • Hi Marco,

Our security policy doesn't allow custom port. So there is no
    easy workaround for that.

Thanks,
    Yu Wang
    Yahoo! Membership Team
  • QUOTE (omiga @ Jul 29 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Marco,

Our security policy doesn't allow custom port. So there is no
    easy workaround for that.

Thanks,
    Yu Wang
    Yahoo! Membership Team

Thank you Yu!
    Anyway, as I wrote, I solved my problem by just splitting my code, using oob as callback_url for the dev environment.

Marco

Recent Posts

in OAuth General Discussion YDN SDKs