Domain Verification Failed

I looked for my error on the forum and i found posts but without solution, so i'm making my own thread.

The problem is that i requested an API Key for the OAuth system, when i go to "My Projects" i see the project i created with my API Key and all the informations.

The problem is that i didn't want to use this Yahoo! account to request the API Key, so i tried to delete the project, and login with the other Yahoo! account but when i request again the API Key for the same domain i have this error during the domain verification step :

"There was an internal error while an application is being created. Please try again"

So i tried to request the API Key again with the first account, and it worked, but i can't keep this API Key linked with my personal account.

If anybody can help me to delegate this API Key on a second Yahoo! account ? or to request the API Key on the second account without having this error :s

Thank you in advance for your help

PS : sorry if i don't speak very well english, i did my best smile.gif

1 Reply
  • Hi Julien,

There's nothing in place to stop you from create multiple apps using the same domain. There are a few reasons why the registration process might fail, though:
    - the phrases "Yahoo", "Yahoo!", and "Y!" cannot be in the app name or description
    - the app domain must be publicly accessible, ie Yahoo!'s servers have to be able to make requests to it
    - you cannot use custom ports or an IP address for the app domain
    - there are a few required image urls in the registration form and the registration will fail if these are not filed in with valid urls

Best regards

Recent Posts

in OAuth General Discussion YDN SDKs