After logging in, user is not returned to my callback url

I just want to make a script that posts some links to my own delicious account. It will never be used for another delicious account. Before Yahoo, this was so easy.

So, after getting my request token, I create my yahoo log in url in the form:
CODE
echo "<p><a href=\"";
echo $xoauth_request_auth_url;
echo "&oauth_nonce=".$nonce;
echo "&oauth_timestamp=".$timestamp;
echo "&oauth_consumer_key=".$consumer_key;
echo "&oauth_signature_method=plaintext&oauth_signature=".$secret."%26";
echo "&oauth_version=1.0&xoauth_lang_pref=en-us&oauth_callback=".callback;
echo "\">Log In</a></p>";

For callback, I have tried with and without my domain. Both times, after logging in, I'm sent to a yahoo page:
https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth/v2/AQEar/...verifier=wq6yu9

that AQEar/yahoo/delicious_post is my callback, but why does it not send this back to my own domain? If api.login.yahoo etc. was replaced with my domain, I could proceed to the next step. I'm pretty sure once i get the verifier, I'd be just fine, but the verifier never comes back to my script.

Also, when getting my request token, if I provide the domain in that callback url, I get an OAuth Error: Custom port is not allowed or the host is not registered with this consumer key.

It's not a custom port, so it must be the host not being registered. My consumer key is correct. The Application URL in Yahoo's Project Details is the full (domain included) url of my script. Where else can I "register" my domain with this consumer key?

If anyone has any ideas, I would be extremely grateful.
Thank you.
-Ed

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (Esip @ Jan 4 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I just want to make a script that posts some links to my own delicious account. It will never be used for another delicious account. Before Yahoo, this was so easy.

So, after getting my request token, I create my yahoo log in url in the form:
    CODE
    echo "<p><a href=\"";
    echo $xoauth_request_auth_url;
    echo "&oauth_nonce=".$nonce;
    echo "&oauth_timestamp=".$timestamp;
    echo "&oauth_consumer_key=".$consumer_key;
    echo "&oauth_signature_method=plaintext&oauth_signature=".$secret."%26";
    echo "&oauth_version=1.0&xoauth_lang_pref=en-us&oauth_callback=".callback;
    echo "\">Log In</a></p>";

For callback, I have tried with and without my domain. Both times, after logging in, I'm sent to a yahoo page:
    https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth/v2/AQEar/...verifier=wq6yu9

that AQEar/yahoo/delicious_post is my callback, but why does it not send this back to my own domain? If api.login.yahoo etc. was replaced with my domain, I could proceed to the next step. I'm pretty sure once i get the verifier, I'd be just fine, but the verifier never comes back to my script.

Also, when getting my request token, if I provide the domain in that callback url, I get an OAuth Error: Custom port is not allowed or the host is not registered with this consumer key.

It's not a custom port, so it must be the host not being registered. My consumer key is correct. The Application URL in Yahoo's Project Details is the full (domain included) url of my script. Where else can I "register" my domain with this consumer key?

If anyone has any ideas, I would be extremely grateful.
    Thank you.
    -Ed

You must use the same domain that was used when creating the oauth consumer key + secret -- https://developer.apps.yahoo.com/projects.

Recent Posts

in OAuth General Discussion YDN SDKs