Who is providing widget support?

I'd like to know who is providing support for widgets.

I have a samsung 7020, I activated the internet@tv ability and it installed all the widgets.
Howver Out of all the widgets, only the flickr and Yahoo finance widgets complete loading. Even the widget gallery doesn't complete loading so I cant see what else is available. I've waited an hour and they still don't complete loading.
I have good internet access and I have cabled the tv to a router so it is not a slow connection.

I have rung Samsung and all they say is that it must be a problem with the router or internet provider, which is rubbish since the flickr and finance wdigets load and work fine.
No one can tell me if there is a way to remove the current installation and reinstall the widgets.

I'm at a loss and no one seems to be able to help.

Any thoughts gratefully received

3 Replies
  • Can you provide us more information please? What country are you in? What firmware version is on the TV (you can find this in the TV menus, might have to look around a bit to find it)? Can you go into Flickr and Finance each and after they load, hit the green button to go into their settings and then select "About" and report on the versions of those two widgets?
  • Thanks for the reply.

After a couple of weeks of trying to get the widgets to work, I went in to do as you asked ... and guess what... They all loaded in a few seconds.
    I feel a bit silly. Even though I have no idea why it has started working.
    You must have telepathic debug abilities.
    Sorry if I wasted your time
  • QUOTE (pashworth2001uk @ Jan 15 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You must have telepathic debug abilities.

Hahah! I've actually been told that before. Nearly 15 years ago I worked for a company doing PC repair. You would not believe the number of times a computer would suddenly fix itself (including ones which wouldn't even power on) just by me walking in the room to go fix it. People accused me of being brutal to them when no one was around or something and thus why they were so scared of me and instantly started working in my presence.

Glad it's working for you now! Let us know if you have future issues.

Recent Posts

in Non-Technical / Business - Yahoo! TV Widgets