Pricing model

I was trying to read through the non-technical / business discussion forum to get some ideas on the pricing model for the apps, I have some questions for which the answers might sound obvious, but just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

1. Can we develop a widget and have it go through all verification processes (widget gallery submission..various QA stages etc..) and then make it available for free download (no cost)?

2. For widgets which we want to charge per download (per tv or user some thing like that..) where do we specify the price for the widget. Couldn't locate that in the widget submission form(may be I missed it).

3. After we make a widget available for free download (freet widgets) can we change it to a chargeable widget in the future, let us say after few months, and customers who might have already downloaded the widget will need to pay for it if they want to continue to use the widget.

by
5 Replies
  • QUOTE (SajuP @ Feb 2 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    1. Can we develop a widget and have it go through all verification processes (widget gallery submission..various QA stages etc..) and then make it available for free download (no cost)?
    Yes

QUOTE (SajuP @ Feb 2 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    2. For widgets which we want to charge per download (per tv or user some thing like that..) where do we specify the price for the widget. Couldn't locate that in the widget submission form(may be I missed it).

When you submit the application. The app Store will not be available for a few months. Contact Yahoo! for more information.

QUOTE (SajuP @ Feb 2 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    3. After we make a widget available for free download (freet widgets) can we change it to a chargeable widget in the future, let us say after few months, and customers who might have already downloaded the widget will need to pay for it if they want to continue to use the widget.

You should be able to change the free/price at any time.
  • QUOTE (SajuP @ Feb 2 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I was trying to read through the non-technical / business discussion forum to get some ideas on the pricing model for the apps, I have some questions for which the answers might sound obvious, but just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

Our widget submission team is currently working on an updated acceptance criteria for the upcoming app store. In the meantime, you can specify the price in the email submission.
  • QUOTE (Roger @ Feb 11 2011, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Our widget submission team is currently working on an updated acceptance criteria for the upcoming app store. In the meantime, you can specify the price in the email submission.

Thanks, that would be helpful. If we are submitting a free widget do we still need the paypal account , company details/SSN etc?
  • no
  • Thanks for the answers.

Recent Posts

in Non-Technical / Business - Yahoo! TV Widgets