Music API Feedback

Here is some general feedback about the API.

Why are there never arrays of length 1 when the result is JSON. This is just really irritating to worry about in the code because if makes for additional lines of code because the output might be formatted differently.

I wish I could turn off the "Next" and "Previous" buttons on the player. They don't actually function as I expect either. I would really like to have a chromeless player, similar to the youtube one, where I have all the javascript hooks to preform the functions that happen normally in the player. Also I wish I could seek in a video. The mouse turns to a hand over the seek bar but it doesn't do anything which is very confusing. I would really like a lot more JavaScript control.

Documentation needs work. A lot of it seems to be missing information or has extra data one cannot access. One great example is the Video Player Events example lists more pType cases then are actually displayed in the documentation. Also I don't think you ever explain what the pItem object looks like. I think there is a lot of documentation missing there. You guys never put that you need appid as one of the arguments which was confusing the first time I was trying things. I would love it if your example actually worked too. Some of the other api use appid=YahooDemo to give working examples that only work for special cases. This has just made is easy to learn how to use the api.

Advertisements between videos is painful when developing. When I develop I refresh and send lots of information to the player and I have to keep waiting for the advertisements to play and finish, which is just really irritating. I would love to get revenue share for the advertisements too. I would be much more inclined to use Yahoo music over other music video sites if I could get revenue share from the advertisements that show no matter what.

I would love to hear your thoughts on some of my comments and questions, and if you would like to ask me more question please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you
gregthebusker [at] yahoo [dot] com

0 Replies
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Music API