Yahoo messenger api problems

Hello, i have written a client for android and until two days ago everything worked just fine...
For two days i get http error 500 which is Internal Server Error... at these requests (like Crumb get, Part token get and polling) i get this error randomly, sometimes everything goes fine until the poll request is coming and gets that error...

What can be done? Does anybody has this problem?

Please help me !

Thank you!

by
17 Replies
  • I am using the IM API from within a windows service and I keep getting 500 internal server errors randomly, when creating a session, receiving and sending messages. The IM API seems brittle and looking at the response stream doesn't give you any further detail about what is wrong.

How do we investigate this further. Can anyone help?
  • I am also facing the similar issue since past 1-2 days. It was working fine since last 1-2 months without any problem. (running it as a windows services and running on my production machine since 2 months)

The machine i am getting (500) Internal Server Error, and sometimes the (401) Unauthorized.

How ever, the same code, same IM user, works perfectly alright when i test that on my local machine.

Does it seem that yahoo does some banning ? I am using the Polling APi as opposed to the Comet-style push api as it ddn;t seem to work with C#. And the SDK mentions that the poll interval should not be less than 5 secs, so i had set my pollling interval as 7secs, it worked fine since last few months, and suddenly it started generating this error.

Anyone knows what could be the problem ?

Earlier i had seen that the Yahoo mesenger IM SDK is not for USA, but my production box is located in USA, and it worked fine. Is it the reason why it stoped working fine in my production box (USA) and working fine locally in (INDIA) ??????
  • I am also facing the similar issue since past 1-2 days. It was working fine since last 1-2 months without any problem. (running it as a windows services and running on my production machine since 2 months)

The machine i am getting (500) Internal Server Error, and sometimes the (401) Unauthorized.

How ever, the same code, same IM user, works perfectly alright when i test that on my local machine.

Does it seem that yahoo does some banning ? I am using the Polling APi as opposed to the Comet-style push api as it ddn;t seem to work with C#. And the SDK mentions that the poll interval should not be less than 5 secs, so i had set my pollling interval as 7secs, it worked fine since last few months, and suddenly it started generating this error.

Anyone knows what could be the problem ?

Earlier i had seen that the Yahoo mesenger IM SDK is not for USA, but my production box is located in USA, and it worked fine. Is it the reason why it stoped working fine in my production box (USA) and working fine locally in (INDIA) ??????
  • I am also getting HTTP error 500 when calling the Yahoo! Messenger API. Does anyone have a solution for this?
  • It's not because of the country, i am from Romania and as I said before, the app was functional for at least 3 weeks until now...

Can someone from yahoo help us with an answer?

Thank you!
  • Someone please help us, the problem still seem to persist.

I also contacted yahoo support, but no response from them.

Dont know why yahoo would change something on their end, while there are customers who are using them since past few months.
  • I am using periodic polling for the moment, and working around this for now, by retrying up to 10 times, every send message and every receive notification, which makes it very slow. These api calls fail intermittently with a 500 internal server error, but the same call then succeeds 6, 7 seconds later.
    Sometimes the api calls work first time, sometimes, it works after 2 or 3 re-tries, and then sometimes, it may take 6 or 7 retries.
    Totally unusable, but this is how I've worked around the problem for the moment.

Yahoo need to come back and tell us what is wrong. Anybody from Yahoo, can they please respond?
  • I am experiencing the exact same issue from last 3-4 days.

Anyone knows if Yahoo folks monitor this group? Any other channels that we can get some attention on this blocker issue ?
  • Hi all,

I'm a new guy here. In business application, I want my developer who is a mobile phone manufacturer to apply the Install Messenger on the device.

May I know if any of you know whether any license agreement (MSN, Yahoo, AOL, Facebook, ICQ & Skype) is needed ?

I have tried to contact the above organization but so far, they are referring me to different dept or countries who is not able to help.

Anybody who can help, please reply or email me at reginawong3@yahoo.com.hk

Thanks a lot !

Best Regards,
    Regina
  • Hi Guys,

Still facing the same issue. Anyone else who experienced the same issue - could you please comment - if there is any progress, any tricks ?

100% blocked for days now with no feedback at all is quite frustrating.

Thanks,

Anil
  • Hi,
    We are investigating this issue and should have an update shortly..
  • All,
    We've found and resolved the issue that was causing the failures. We regret the service outage it caused and will continue to improve process and monitoring on our end to avoid such issues in the future
  • i now started my service (after almost a week of downtime), and i can confirm that it is working as it was working earlier as expected.

Thanks for the response Yahoo.. Only wished it was resolved earlier and faster.

anyways, will monitor this, and if find any abnormality will surely raise an issue.
  • Thank you for solving the problem, i can confirm too that the service is running well now.

it would be much better if you could visit the forum more often to see what is happening, and answer the questions.

Thank you very much!
  • it worked for about 2-3 minutes, and then started getting the following errors:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (999) Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.

I dont know whats going on, anyone faced the same problem /
    it seems that the API is not stable enough anymore as it was earlier.
  • i again started the service today... and it started fine.

then it started sending messages that were pending since last few days. and after 2-3 minutes, i again started getting the following errors.

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (999) Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.

please someone respond to this and let me know if anyone else is facing similar problem.
  • i'm still having this problem.how can i fix it?

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK