Session managment, keep alive and generating new oAuth tokens

Hello

I am building a Yahoo IM API powered application and have a question surrounding session management.

Every hour I have to regenerate a new oAuth token to be able to keep using the API.

1 Do I have to make a new session each time I create a new oAuth token?

2 If not then does keep alive work on the same session even if the notification server token has expired thus regenerating a new notification server token?

Thanks in advance Steve

by
3 Replies
  • Update:

I tried using a session after refreshing the oAuth token and received the following error: **403 bad IM cookie or URI credentials***italic text*

• Update

I tried using an existing unexpired session after refreshing the oAuth token and received the following error while trying to connect to the notification server for a comet style push.

403 bad IM cookie or URI credentials.

Next thing I will try is sending a keep alive to generate a new notificationToken cookie after refreshing the oAuth token.

• Solved:

This is not written anywhere in the documentation (at least anywhere that I could find) but after regenerating new oAuth token you have to send a keep alive API call, validating the new oAuth details thus generating a new notification server token and expiry of said token.

Steve

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK