Session Expired Error

I am trying polling in getting notifications. Everything works but after a few min of idle time I get this error:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. {"error":{"code":28,"detail":"Session Expired Error","description":"Session Expired Error"},"code":28}

I am doing keep alive and token refresh already but it does not prevent this.

Thanks

by
  • Al
  • Jun 22, 2011
6 Replies
  • QUOTE (Al @ Jun 22 2011, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am trying polling in getting notifications. Everything works but after a few min of idle time I get this error:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. {"error":{"code":28,"detail":"Session Expired Error","description":"Session Expired Error"},"code":28}

I am doing keep alive and token refresh already but it does not prevent this.

Thanks

How often do you poll? every 5 sec?
    I don't really know about this way of retrieving notifications. I went right away towards comet style (which works perfectly btw)
  • Thanks for the reply. I actually poll every 7 secs, will attempt to implement comet style, but if anyone has an idea on what is happening please do reply. Thanks
  • An update on the polling notification problem,

I am still getting the same error when there are no notifications:

but if there is a notification, there is no error and I get the notification (works normally). How odd... Anyone else encountered this?
  • Once again never.

How fast does this error occur? Is it after the same amount of polling every time?
    Are you doing something in particular before the error happens?

Why don't you poll every 5 sec as mentionned in the documentation? (I really don't think it would work with 5 sec, but you would have more reactivity)

Just so you know this forum is quite sleepy, so don't expect too much from it.

Cheers,
    Thomas
  • QUOTE (mf_tomd @ Jun 24 2011, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Once again never.

How fast does this error occur? Is it after the same amount of polling every time?
    Are you doing something in particular before the error happens?

Why don't you poll every 5 sec as mentionned in the documentation? (I really don't think it would work with 5 sec, but you would have more reactivity)

Just so you know this forum is quite sleepy, so don't expect too much from it.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Thanks again for the reply. I actually changed the polling to every 5 sec after creating this thread but still the same.

Its actually rather random, sometimes it only takes 7 min before it starts, When the account has no messages coming in or out, I start receiving the session expired error every time I do polling, the odd thing is as soon as i receive a message, everything starts to work again, then same cycle after a few min.

All the tasks that I do for now is do a keep alive on session management every 3min and a refresh access token every 55min.

Currently testing how stable a constantly logged in account is.

Regards,
    Al
  • I mentioned that I was encountering session expired error during polling, but now I am also encountering it in sending messages and changing presence state.

What causes this error and how does one prevent this from occurring?

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK