Multiple IM Sessions At A Time....

Is it possible to login to the API with a single user account and utilize multiple IM sessions at one time with a single contact?

I'm trying to integrate the IM SDK with my website; it would work something like this:

1) User goes to the website and submits an IM
, thus initializing an IM session.

2) Chat window opens on my computer with the user's IM.

3) I respond back, etc. etc.

This process would have to work for numerous visitors to the website at a single time using a Yahoo! account that I set up for the website.

by
1 Reply
  • Hi,

You can't use a single Yahoo Account to interact with other IM sessions.
    What you can do is having 1 connection per user. I don't know how you intend to set up your website (are you gonna use comet style notif?) and how you want to handle the different connections.
    I did it with a WCF service (1 thead per user for the comet style GetNotifications) and it works very well.

Hope it can help,

Thomas

ps: I'm looking for an Admin I can ask some questions about the future of this API. Thank you very much.

QUOTE(Vivio @ 7 Sep 2011 3:27 PM)
    Is it possible to login to the API with a single user account and utilize multiple IM sessions at one time with a single contact?

I'm trying to integrate the IM SDK with my website; it would work something like this:

1) User goes to the website and submits an IM
    , thus initializing an IM session.

2) Chat window opens on my computer with the user's IM.

3) I respond back, etc. etc.

This process would have to work for numerous visitors to the website at a single time using a Yahoo! account that I set up for the website.

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK