Import contacts - error 999 after a while

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to set up an import contact functionnality to my c# client.

The problem I have is after some contacts get added, yahoo thinks I'm Ddos their service and blocks me (error 999 on all my adding contact attemps after that)
I have a hard time figuring out the limits of this Ddos protection so I can just import contacts.
I've noticed that trying to add nonexisting contact makes yahoo even faster to kick me.

I'm wondering:

1. If there is a doc somewhere, where it says clearly "ok, you can add someone just once every X sec" (i've tried with 5sec between each contacts (which is btw kinda fucked up for an importing contact functionnality) but even with 5 sec, I got a 999 error serie after 15~ contacts added.
2. Is there any existing contacts importing feature inside the SDK, so I don't have to find the limits of the Yahoo Ddos protection?

Thank you very much

3 Replies
  • QUOTE (Azaeze Azeaeaz @ Feb 3 2011, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi everyone,

The problem I have is after some contacts get added, yahoo thinks I'm Ddos their service and blocks me (error 999 on all my adding contact attemps after that)
    I have a hard time figuring out the limits of this Ddos protection so I can just import contacts.
    I've noticed that trying to add nonexisting contact makes yahoo even faster to kick me.

I'm wondering:

1. If there is a doc somewhere, where it says clearly "ok, you can add someone just once every X sec" (i've tried with 5sec between each contacts (which is btw kinda fucked up for an importing contact functionnality) but even with 5 sec, I got a 999 error serie after 15~ contacts added.
    2. Is there any existing contacts importing feature inside the SDK, so I don't have to find the limits of the Yahoo Ddos protection?

Thank you very much
  • I face the same issue with error 999 and I also sent multiple request to Yahoo developers a month ago, but I haven't received any answer. Looks like they don't care about our requests. What is the point to have Yahoo registered application that actually is being limited by the DOS services? There must be a better way or at least someone from Yahoo has to speak up and explain and maybe open it for payed service for a serious developers ..... otherwise using a castrated service - is pain in the neck!

Krassimir

QUOTE (Azaeze Azeaeaz @ Feb 3 2011, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi everyone,

I'm wondering:

Thank you very much
  • Still me with my regular yahoo account.

Thank you for the reply krassib, at least I feel less lonely now ;)Thomas

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK