ERROR 400

Hi,
I have a problem with some requests when processed through a proxy.

Let's say I want to move a contact, the first request will work. So my contact will be moved, but if I try on more time to move a user, I will have a Http 400 Error.
I use Fiddler to find out what was going on, and it says to all of my requests:

Fiddler has detected a protocol violation in session #592.
Content-Length mismatch: Response Header indicated 99 bytes, but server sent 100 bytes.

It's always a 1byte size difference. I'm not sure it is the problem but ... just in case.
So I tried without the proxy, and I actually have the same warnings. But it works.

Is this warning a Yahoo-side problem?
Thank you.

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (mf_tomd @ May 17 2011, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,
    I have a problem with some requests when processed through a proxy.

Let's say I want to move a contact, the first request will work. So my contact will be moved, but if I try on more time to move a user, I will have a Http 400 Error.
    I use Fiddler to find out what was going on, and it says to all of my requests:

Fiddler has detected a protocol violation in session #592.
    Content-Length mismatch: Response Header indicated 99 bytes, but server sent 100 bytes.

It's always a 1byte size difference. I'm not sure it is the problem but ... just in case.
    So I tried without the proxy, and I actually have the same warnings. But it works.

Is this warning a Yahoo-side problem?
    Thank you.

Ok, I noticed that using a "clean" request will "reset" my right to execute misformed requests.
    So basically, if I move a user, do a keepAlive, then move an other user it'll work. This "solution" is maybe just about the proxy rules.

I would really like to perform good requests so I don't have to do tricky stuff like that to make it work.
    I would love to have a pro advice about this problem (if it's just me)

My requests are made like this:

client.Headers.Add("user-agent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;)");
    client.Headers.Add("Content-Type", "application/json; charset=utf-8");
    and then the URL is made following the SDK documentation, same for JSON.

Thank you very much for any help (even someone who has a MoveUser request working, install fiddler and see if you have the error. I would be so thankful)

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK