Does the SDK allow for the retrieval of the end user IP address

With the Messenger SDK, is it possible to retrieve the IP address of the end user? We are looking at creating a Yahoo endpoint for our service, but need to restrict connections to the service to only certain regions and therefore need to find the address of the remote user. Is this possible with the SDK?

Thanks.

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (Steve @ Jan 26 2011, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    With the Messenger SDK, is it possible to retrieve the IP address of the end user? We are looking at creating a Yahoo endpoint for our service, but need to restrict connections to the service to only certain regions and therefore need to find the address of the remote user. Is this possible with the SDK?

Thanks.

I'm not sure I completely understand your question. Is the end user someone you are talking to over IM, or someone who will use your service?

Our protocol does not expose the IP address of someone you are talking to over IM..
  • I am sorry that I was not clear with my explanation. The end user is someone our system communicates with over IM. It seems you have answered my question by stating that you do not expose this information for IM.

Thanks

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK