Comet-Style Push-System.Net.WebException: The operation has time out ...

Notification Management (Comet-Style Push) API
"...•After completion of a request (server response, or client timeout), clients are expected to open another long-lived HTTP GET request almost immediately.
•Default idle timeout value is 2 minutes on the Yahoo! Notification server. The server closes the long-live GET request by responding with a 200 OK. The idle timeout value can be overridden by using the 'idle' parameter in the URI. ..."
When I set "idle" to more than 70 and there is no new notifications on the server, after more than 80 seconds, I get the exception: "Exception=System.Net.WebException: The operation has time out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()". When "idle" is set to 70, in the same situation, after 75-80 seconds, I get objResponse.StatusCode "OK" and empty response (ContentLength of objResponse is 0). In both cases, when there are new notifications on the server, I receive them and send another request and everything works. Why can't I override "idle" to more than 70 seconds and can I count on the 70 seconds to work like it's working now in the future?

0 Replies

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK