0

3 delete Contacts in a row: 1sec, 15sec, timeout!

Hi,

I would like to have some lights on a problem I just met:

After the problem of adding new contacts in a row (which basically ban me after 3-4 contacts added, even if I wait 5 sec between them)
I'm now having a problem during the contact delete phase:

-> The first attempt to delete a contact is fast: less than 1sec, perfect.
-> The second contact I want to delete (in a row, after like 3-5sec) takes 10-15 sec to be deleted (I'm talking about the HTTP request which takes this time to come back)
-> During the attempt to delete the 3rd contact, I just receive timeout.

The problem is that I find NO DOCUMENTATION about how to bypass those limits, and seriously, how adding 2 contacts in a row is a DDOS attack? Why can't we remove several contacts in a row?


Thank you very much for any information.

Regards.

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (mf_tomd @ May 12 2011, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

    I would like to have some lights on a problem I just met:

    After the problem of adding new contacts in a row (which basically ban me after 3-4 contacts added, even if I wait 5 sec between them)
    I'm now having a problem during the contact delete phase:

    -> The first attempt to delete a contact is fast: less than 1sec, perfect.
    -> The second contact I want to delete (in a row, after like 3-5sec) takes 10-15 sec to be deleted (I'm talking about the HTTP request which takes this time to come back)
    -> During the attempt to delete the 3rd contact, I just receive timeout.

    The problem is that I find NO DOCUMENTATION about how to bypass those limits, and seriously, how adding 2 contacts in a row is a DDOS attack? Why can't we remove several contacts in a row?


    Thank you very much for any information.

    Regards.


    I found out I was using httpRequest through c# for every DELETE HTTP requests and WebClient for others.
    I was using it like this (with problem)

    HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(sRequest);
    request.UserAgent = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;)";
    request.Method = "DELETE";
    request.ContentType = "Content-type: application/json; charset=utf-8";
    myYahooReturn.webResponse = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();


    and now (the working code) it's :

    WebClient client = new WebClient();
    client.Headers.Add("user-agent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;)");
    client.Headers.Add("Content-Type", "application/json; charset=utf-8");
    byte[] byteArray = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(sPostData); //in the delete case : sPostData= "";
    byte[] responseArray;
    responseArray = client.UploadData(sRequest, "DELETE", byteArray);

    Just in case someone encounter the same problem..

    (and if someone knows why it wasn't working, I'd be thankful to have an explanation!)

    Thomas
    0

Recent Posts

in Messenger IM SDK