Yahoo Local API is down again

The Local Search API query that used work has stopped working since earlier this morning (4/3) I got the following response. I even tried the URI (http://local.yahooapis.com/LocalSearchService/V3/localSearch?appid=YahooDemo&query=pizza&zip=94306&results=2) from Docs returns no results in the response.

"ResultSet":{"totalResultsAvailable":"0","totalResultsReturned":"0","firstResultPosition":"1","ResultSetMapUrl":""}}

Can someone inform the responsible department at Yahoo about this issue so they can take care of this issue?

Thanks,

by
  • JJ
  • Apr 3, 2011
5 Replies
  • The query works for me as of Sunday midnite.
    Please reply if it's still not working for you.

Can you also let me know what was the exact (or approximate) time and your -server- location (East Coast or West Coast)? We may be able to do some debugging.

Cem

QUOTE (JJ @ Apr 3 2011, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The Local Search API query that used work has stopped working since earlier this morning (4/3) I got the following response. I even tried the URI (http://local.yahooapis.com/LocalSearchService/V3/localSearch?appid=YahooDemo&query=pizza&zip=94306&results=2) from Docs returns no results in the response.

"ResultSet":{"totalResultsAvailable":"0","totalResultsReturned":"0","firstResultPosition":"1","ResultSetMapUrl":""}}

Can someone inform the responsible department at Yahoo about this issue so they can take care of this issue?

Thanks,
  • It was okay at 1 AM EST on Sunday, but not okay at 11:30 AM.
  • :rolleyes:Our server is at west coast. It's back to work now. Is there an emergency contact we can inform Yahoo in the future for such urgent matters? The API was down last Sunday with the exact same problem last Sunday (3/27).

Thank you
  • Thanks for the feedback.

I can see the problem from our internal server logs. Our successful replies to queries drops during the day -when the traffic picks up- on Sunday for the last two weeks.
    It's not a robot or scraping job, as far as I can tell. Will be digging deeper this week.

Hopefully, we won't see it next Sunday.

Cem

QUOTE (JJ @ Apr 4 2011, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    :rolleyes:Our server is at west coast. It's back to work now. Is there an emergency contact we can inform Yahoo in the future for such urgent matters? The API was down last Sunday with the exact same problem last Sunday (3/27).

Thank you
  • Local BE Team (biz listings) identified the problem. It only occurs on Sundays :) It'll be fixed this week.
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Local API - General Questions