show GridCell

Good morning all you!

I would like answer you about a little problem with my Widget.
At first, I want that my widget has 5 or 6 buttons about differents categories (football, basketball,..) (it's already achieved). Later, I want to load a detailView about the category selected, in which there a gridCell with approximately 40 news.

In this step I have three problems:

1) If I want to load online news in GridCell, I don't know how load the GridCell initially with my online news. Here, I only can to load the GridCell in UpdateView and then.. it's loaded only when UpdateView is called, not initially.

2) In PageIndicator only appear 10 news, despite I have specified this
CODE
 this.cache.imgData = imagenes.slice(0,40).map(function(src,i) {

Any idea to get the forty displayed news?

3) At last, when the news are loaded in GridCell, they have a title and at times longer than the cell. I tryed with truncation: 'end', visibleLines: 2, totalLines:2, and seems don't work.

Thanks you very much for your help!
Bye.

1 Reply
  • QUOTE (pabloch87 @ Jun 17 2010, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Good morning all you!

I would like answer you about a little problem with my Widget.
    At first, I want that my widget has 5 or 6 buttons about differents categories (football, basketball,..) (it's already achieved). Later, I want to load a detailView about the category selected, in which there a gridCell with approximately 40 news.

In this step I have three problems:

1) If I want to load online news in GridCell, I don't know how load the GridCell initially with my online news. Here, I only can to load the GridCell in UpdateView and then.. it's loaded only when UpdateView is called, not initially.

Calling changeDataset in updateView is what you want to be doing (it sounds like that's what you're doing already?). Or, if you're asking about how to pass data between views, have a look at this.

QUOTE (pabloch87 @ Jun 17 2010, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    2) In PageIndicator only appear 10 news, despite I have specified this
    CODE
     this.cache.imgData = imagenes.slice(0,40).map(function(src,i) {

Any idea to get the forty displayed news?

Are you passing your data array to changeDataset?

QUOTE (pabloch87 @ Jun 17 2010, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    3) At last, when the news are loaded in GridCell, they have a title and at times longer than the cell. I tryed with truncation: 'end', visibleLines: 2, totalLines:2, and seems don't work.

Thanks you very much for your help!
    Bye.

When you truncate text, you must also specify a width.

Hope that helps.

- Ben

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets