asynchronous request

how can I make all calls to be asynchronous.(fetch the data from remote xml file). ?

right now I am using XMLHttpRequest() for parsing xml.

if possible please give me brief idea or example.

thanks'
keyur

by
1 Reply
  • First send your request:

CODE
        var request = new URL();			          //Create a new URL REquest Object
    request.location = "http://"+currentAppData.get('host')+"/List?type=mp3&ltype="+ltype+"&index="+index+random_song; //The URL passed into grab the information from
    request.info = this;
    request.fetchAsync(this._loadandplayList); //ALL NETWORK REQUESTS MUST BE DONE VIA AN ASYNC CALL -> NO EXCEPTIONS

then a function that responds to results - the function you specified in the fetchAsync:

CODE
      _loadandplayList: function(request) {
    print("got list");
    KONtx.utility.LoadingOverlay.off();
    if ( request.response == 200 ) //A successful network request will return a response of 200
    {
    print("got list");
    playlist = KONtx.mediaplayer.playlist.get();
    KONtx.application.setNetworkRequestFailed(false); //We need to tell the Engine that the Network is Still up
    try{
    var Feed_XML = XMLDOM.parse( request.result ); //If we get a valid reponse back we need to parse out the XML
    var list = Feed_XML.evaluate('xml/mp3s/mp3');
    for(var i=0; i<list.length;i++) {
    //request.info.config.Listitems.push({name: list.item(i).evaluate('string(name)'), index: list.item(i).evaluate('string(index)')});
    print(list.item(i).evaluate('string(index)')+" "+list.item(i).evaluate('string(name)'));
    var newentry = new KONtx.media.PlaylistEntry({url: "http://"+currentAppData.get('host')+"/Play?"+list.item(i).evaluate('string(index)')});
    newentry.config.title = list.item(i).evaluate('string(name)');
    newentry.config.album = list.item(i).evaluate('string(album)');
    newentry.config.artist = list.item(i).evaluate('string(artist)');
    newentry.config.track = list.item(i).evaluate('string(track)');
    playlist.addEntry(newentry);
    }
    KONtx.mediaplayer.playlist.start();
    }
    catch(e) {
    print('DANGER: We could not parse the XML Feed');
    KONtx.application.previousView();
    }
    }
    else
    {
    KONtx.application.setNetworkRequestFailed(true); //We need to tell the Engine that the Network is Still up
    KONtx.application.previousView();
    }
    },

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets