Replacement Developer Code?

I had a widget loaded to my tv about 3-4 months ago, in test mode. Worked great. As we progressed in development, we made updates. I haven't looked at it on my tv in about 4 weeks. I have a client coming over tomorrow, and my widget just freezes for no reason. Never seen this before. Went to upload a new version to my account, and I can't get in. Now it's locked.

I created a new Yahoo ID. Uploaded my .widget file. Renamed it, new instance, etc. Upload works perfectly. I can right click on it, and assign testers. I log in to my Samsung TV, and I see that even though I am now logged in as a different user, I am assigned the same developer code on my tv as before. Totally different Yahoo ID. Is this normal? I went to my account on the tv, ensured that the option to display my test widgets was set to OK, then I go to categories to install my widget. There is no category for test widgets any more.

I need to show this to the client tomorrow am. Any advice would be great. Need to move fast. Everything worked on this tv before. No idea why it's dying now.

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (mbedugnis @ Oct 31 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I had a widget loaded to my tv about 3-4 months ago, in test mode. Worked great. As we progressed in development, we made updates. I haven't looked at it on my tv in about 4 weeks. I have a client coming over tomorrow, and my widget just freezes for no reason. Never seen this before. Went to upload a new version to my account, and I can't get in. Now it's locked.

I created a new Yahoo ID. Uploaded my .widget file. Renamed it, new instance, etc. Upload works perfectly. I can right click on it, and assign testers. I log in to my Samsung TV, and I see that even though I am now logged in as a different user, I am assigned the same developer code on my tv as before. Totally different Yahoo ID. Is this normal? I went to my account on the tv, ensured that the option to display my test widgets was set to OK, then I go to categories to install my widget. There is no category for test widgets any more.

I need to show this to the client tomorrow am. Any advice would be great. Need to move fast. Everything worked on this tv before. No idea why it's dying now.

Hi,
    The developer code is device specific, not user specific.

As far as the test widgets category not appearing, sign out and sign back in again. If you still don't see it, wait 5 - 10 minutes until the views get unloaded.

- Ben
  • QUOTE (Benjamin Toll @ Nov 1 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,
    The developer code is device specific, not user specific.

As far as the test widgets category not appearing, sign out and sign back in again. If you still don't see it, wait 5 - 10 minutes until the views get unloaded.

- Ben

Ok - so what do I do if it's 48 hours later, and I still don't see it? I have a .widget file loaded and ready to go, it shows my developer code in your cms when I right click on it, it just doesn't show up on the tv. Really need to show the client today
  • QUOTE (mbedugnis @ Nov 2 2010, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Ok - so what do I do if it's 48 hours later, and I still don't see it? I have a .widget file loaded and ready to go, it shows my developer code in your cms when I right click on it, it just doesn't show up on the tv. Really need to show the client today

Here is a partial screen shot of the codes from your site...

Widget ID: com.dimobo.tv
    Widget Version: 1.3.0

Would you like for me to add you as a tester? Maybe my Samsung is suddenly broken?
  • We have run into this, unfortunely... You need to go into the Profile widget and do a factory reset for the platform.

This will give a new developer code on the device and allow you to redo the Dev setup process.

Hope this helps.
  • QUOTE (WidgetRealm @ Nov 2 2010, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We have run into this, unfortunely... You need to go into the Profile widget and do a factory reset for the platform.

This will give a new developer code on the device and allow you to redo the Dev setup process.

Hope this helps.

Ok - so we went out and purchased the cheapest TV we could - the 22Inch Vizio, so that we could show the client. The TV has a new developer code. STILL CAN"T FIND THE WIDGET!!! ??? How is this possible? What can we be doing wrong? I've checked the system, the new TV dev code is listed as a tester. I'm logging in with the correct account.
  • I have outlined this in a blog post: http://www.yctvblog.com/blog/2010/08/09/te...widget-on-a-tv/

The code is tied to your TV and NOT your Yahoo! ID. If you are not seeing the Test Widgets category make sure you have the "Show My Test Widgets" toggled to On.

1. Launch the the Widget Gallery widget by navigating to and selecting the Widget Gallery snippet.

2. Press the GREEN key on the remote control while you are in the Widget Gallery sidebar to launch the Settings view. The GREEN key on the remote control corresponds to the color-coded keys at the bottom of the sidebar.

3. Select the Developer Settings button.

4. Toggle the "Show My Test Widgets" button to On.

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets