HLS support

Can anyone confirm HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) support on any devices?  I'm primarily interested in Vizio TVs (legacy and current models), but any confirmed compatibility information would be helpful, regardless of device type of manufacturer.

The codec compatibility FAQ/docs allude that most 2011 and some 2010 devices should support HLS, but I haven't found that to be the case.  I've tried a number of streams encoded a number of different ways, but haven't been able to get HLS to work at all on Vizio devices.

Thanks.
 - Dave

4 Replies
  • Hey Dave, right now the only TVs that officially support HLS are the 2011 Sony TVs. This may change as we update legacy TVs and start shipping additional TVs with the latest Y! CTV platform.
  • Do we get any upgrade to support older TVS that has Yahoo Connected TV!!!. If not how does Yahoo CTV support older TVs for HLS Support ?

QUOTE(Austin Teames @ 6 Mar 2012 2:24 PM)
    Hey Dave, right now the only TVs that officially support HLS are the 2011 Sony TVs. This may change as we update legacy TVs and start shipping additional TVs with the latest Y! CTV platform.
  • Some older devices that can support HLS will receive a firmware update to enable and support HLS. Right now the only TVs that are receiving this update are the 2011 Sony TVs. We may do the same with 2012 TVs as well but no official word on that yet. 
    • J
    • May 31, 2012
    I, too, am interested in HLS support.  Any updates so far on device support both legacy and current generation?

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets