Problem on starting the simulator

I'm running the simulator on a linux virtual machine ( ubuntu 8.0.4 on virtual box), i installed the package, but when i try to start the simulator i always get the error message that it can't find the internet connection and to check the network/proxy settings for the simulator. I can access internet from the virtual machine and i don't use a proxy to go out but i still can't make the simulator run, i tried all of the simulator but they all give the same error, any suggestions? I checked the instructions on the installing and starting guide but i found no useful help for getting around this problem

by
4 Replies
  • QUOTE (Gades @ Oct 12 2010, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'm running the simulator on a linux virtual machine ( ubuntu 8.0.4 on virtual box), i installed the package, but when i try to start the simulator i always get the error message that it can't find the internet connection and to check the network/proxy settings for the simulator. I can access internet from the virtual machine and i don't use a proxy to go out but i still can't make the simulator run, i tried all of the simulator but they all give the same error, any suggestions? I checked the instructions on the installing and starting guide but i found no useful help for getting around this problem

Try to comment in /usr/local/bin/Konfabulator code block where this error message printed.
  • I'll try, i tested the wget operation the code does and it works as the logs show the results of the wget of the file and its successful, it seems the following is always activated
    CODE
     if[! $? = 0]: then
    echo "error message"
    read -p "" network_detect;
    exit
    fi
  • QUOTE (Gades @ Oct 12 2010, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I'll try, i tested the wget operation the code does and it works as the logs show the results of the wget of the file and its successful, it seems the following is always activated
    CODE
     if[! $? = 0]: then
    echo "error message"
    read -p "" network_detect;
    exit
    fi

Try to remove this checking.

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets