No sample widgets in the WDK

I installed the wdk and made it running, but i can't find the example widgets in the folder indicated from the guide, is there another place where i can download them to start practicing?

by
9 Replies
  • Also, even if i put a widget in the /devwidgets folder the simulator keeps running with the default widgets, not adding/using the new widget from the /devwidget folder. Are the folders changed?
  • QUOTE (Gades @ Oct 12 2010, 04:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Also, even if i put a widget in the /devwidgets folder the simulator keeps running with the default widgets, not adding/using the new widget from the /devwidget folder. Are the folders changed?

You need to perform simulator reset. You can change widgets home folder in $HOME/TVWidgets/Konfabulator.env
  • Restarted and checked the konfabulator file, the setting for widget dir is
    CODE
    widgetdir=/devwidgets

but it's still not recognizing the widgets if i put them in the /devwidgets dir, instead i managed to add a new widget if i put it in the $HOME/TVWidgets/Konfabulator-Latest-540/TV/Widgets and only there.
  • QUOTE (Gades @ Oct 12 2010, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Restarted and checked the konfabulator file, the setting for widget dir is
    CODE
    widgetdir=/devwidgets

but it's still not recognizing the widgets if i put them in the /devwidgets dir, instead i managed to add a new widget if i put it in the $HOME/TVWidgets/Konfabulator-Latest-540/TV/Widgets and only there.

Keep in ming that Restart != Reset
  • Yeah sorry, used the wrong word, i resetted the simulator using the 540 Latest Production simulator Reset but it's still not working, i'm really not understanding what's going on.
  • I'm also having a problem understanding a thing about the sample media widget ( got it working putting it in the folder mentioned previously), basically on the sidebar.js/basicplayer.js where are the video selected? In the sidebar.js the buttons are created and on the onSelect event the fullscreen view is invoked, but inside the basicplayer.js i can't understand where the playlist is populated and the videos are added to it.
  • Look in Content/Javascript/Core I think the file is api.js.
  • Hi Gades,
    If you're still having trouble clearing your data directory, do it manually. This reply outlines how you can do it.

Also, jsl4tv is right, the playlist is hardcoded in the api.js script.

- Ben
  • Got it to work, it seems the problem was i zipped the files in a .widget instead of putting the exploded dir into devwidgets

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets