Important Announcement regarding European Samsung TVs

Hello Everyone!

Today I have the distinct pleasure of announcing that as of today, Framework 1.3 is now approved by Samsung for European model 2009 TVs. As many of you know, up until today, Framework 1.1 was the latest framework available on the those model TVs. With this update we are now very close to having a consistent framework version available across all TVs worldwide.

Enjoy!

-Jeremy

4 Replies
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ May 12 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello Everyone!

Today I have the distinct pleasure of announcing that as of today, Framework 1.3 is now approved by Samsung for European model 2009 TVs. As many of you know, up until today, Framework 1.1 was the latest framework available on the those model TVs. With this update we are now very close to having a consistent framework version available across all TVs worldwide.

Enjoy!

-Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I am a widget developer relatively confused by the current (August 20th, 2010) situation regarding European Samsung model support for Yahoo TV widgets.
    The Samsung UK site advertises yahoo widgets under the moniker "Internet@TV" on LED series 7000 & 8000 and the yahoo site lists these models as supported, however Austin Teames mentioned that as of July 29th, 2010 there were still no European Samsungs with Yahoo Widgets enabled. This is further confused by the fact that internet@TV on previous Samsung models appears to refer to Samsung Apps only.

Would it be possible for you to indicate whether the situation has changed in the last 3 weeks and, if so, which European Samsungs are definitely equipped with Yahoo Widgets, rather than just Samsung Apps? Alternatively, would you be aware of any contact information for the European Samsung team that handles integration of the yahoo widgets service?

Regards,

A. E.
  • Further confusing the issue, the yahoo widget engine is listed in certain publications as a Samsung App itself
  • The TVs you indicated support the Yahoo! Widget Engine and we are working with Samsung to make Yahoo! Widgets available to the public. We recently released the 1.3 framework for these devices to continue our efforts in creating a unified framework across all devices. We understand the confusion with internet@tv (Samsungs Apps platform) and Yahoo! Connected TV. These two platforms will be available side-by-side on the devices. You can access Yahoo! Widgets by selecting the "Yahoo!" button on the remote or by navigating to the "Yahoo!" icon on the Samsung platform. We will let you folks know when Yahoo! Widgets are available to the public. As a reminder, we are live on Sony TVs in over 130 countries right now :) The platform is Yahoo! Connected TV that runs Yahoo! Widgets and not the "Yahoo app".
  • Thanks for the clarification, Austin. Unfortunately, I only have access to a Samsung LED 6510 currently, which appears to be the last UK Samsung LED model without Yahoo Widget support. I will need to look into acquiring an additional device for testing and development.

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets