Help getting started with Media Player

Hello, I'm really just getting started with the connected tv widgets and am struggling to find where the playlists are managed and stored. My question is how can I create a sample app that gets a list of videos from an api call and starts playing them. Any help and/or pointers to a good tutorial online would be greatly appreciated.

The media player sample works, but I'm struggling to find where the playlists are managed.

3 Replies
  • In the mediaplayer example, did you check the file basicplayer.js? The method _createPlaylist creates a playlist using the playlist data in api.js

• I was able to follow through the sample code and find what I was looking for. But I'm now stuck with a different problem. I'm trying to play a video I created but keep getting the error

Any ideas on why I'm seeing this? When I hit the URL with a browser, the video streams just fine, do I need to stream the video differently for the TV?
  • just a guess here but looks like your content-type in the html header is text/html not a video mime type.  the URL fed needs to just be the video file.

Recent Posts

in Getting Started / Beginners - Yahoo! TV Widgets